Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little Blog-gy goodness goes a long way, and a finished project!

Wheeeeew!!! If you happened to check my blog yesterday and wonder what in the heck was going on...I was doing a major facelift, and just so happened to accidentally erase all of my work. On Tuesday night Liz and I had downloaded a ton of awesome free stuff {I posted about that in my last post} and I decided I wanted to redo my blog template. After poking around for a while, I picked this 3 column template. As I'd mentioned, I have been playing around with Photoshop and making my new header. Well, Liz and I have been wanting to make the titles on the sidebars cute fonts for a while, and I finally figured out how...I know, I'm a little slow. It was actually super easy, and although I couldn't get it to work the way some tutorials said, I finally followed this tutorial and it worked great. So anyways, sorry about the construction yesterday, and I won't be messing around with this for a very long time...my poor brain can't take it!

I finally finished the receiving blanket...{I posted a teaser about it last week}, and I am totally in love! I have actually made a receiving blanket that is perfectly square! Don't ask how I did it...I will probably never be able to accomplish this again, but I did! I'm very proud of myself. I'm actually a horrible seamstress when it comes to straight stitches, and have slowly been able to progress to making a square blanket that doesn't have crooked sewing! Here are some pictures. My mom just warned me that if this blanket belonged to my sister Becky, she wouldn't have let it out of her grasp until she was twelve...She loved the satin! I must admit I'm kind of hoping Maggie will too!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love the blanket! I love all your stuff. I wish I could scrapbook like you. I love all the layouts you post.

Nichole said...

EEEEEERRRRRIIIINNNN...that blanket is so stinking CUTE!!! You know when you see something and you want it so bad and can't stop thinking about it...that is how I will be with this blanket! I would be attatched to that blanket if I owned it! And your blog is so cute...I wish I had the patience for that stuff!

Ducksfly2gether said...

So cute! When do you have time to be cute? I am off to clean to house. That's probably as close to cute as I'll get today :)

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

That is so stinkin' cute! You are amazing! It's getting close! Hooray! I can't wait to see her when she gets here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails