Tuesday, March 24, 2009

She's Here!!!

Due to the high demand...harassment...I have been receiving from not posting pictures of Maggie, I am finally posting them! I had decided that I couldn't post them until I'd finished putting away all the stuff from the hospital and people visiting, so that is why it took me so long!

These first few are of the hospital. Maggie weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. I went in to the hospital at 7:30 on Tuesday morning to be induced. It was about 8:30 when I was all hooked up and ready to go. My doctor came in at 9:00 and broke my water. That was the weirdest, quite uncomfortable experience ever. My water broke on it's own with Sam, so I wasn't expecting that! Then they started the pit drop. I was starting to have regular and hard contractions, so at 11:00 I decided I wanted my epidural. Again, I wasn't sure what to expect with this one because by the time I had one with Sam I was in so much pain I didn't even feel the whole process. But, although it was uncomfortable, I was pleasantly surprised by how quick and thorough the anesthesiologist was. It was great! At that point I think I was dilated to a 3. From there I just kept progressing, and around 7:00 I was dilated to a 5 and 90% effaced. Around that time I started to feel weird, and that something had changed, so we called the nurse in and when she checked me I was complete. So she went and called the doctor and told me not to sneeze or cough because she could already see Maggie's head. Well, after a half hour of waiting for the doctor to arrive, and 3 pushes Maggie graced us with her presence at 7:59 pm! She is beautiful and perfect and we are so glad to have her here!!!


Maggie started to cry and this is Sam telling her "Shhhh"!





Although there has definitely been quite a bit of adjusting, Sam has been so great! He is such a cute big brother. Every morning he wakes up and asks where "baby" is. He also regularly asks to hold her and likes to snuggle with her. We were having a tickling fight in our bed on Sunday morning and Maggie was in her seat next to the bed. Either Kendall or I tickled Sam and rolled off the bed and bumped her seat. The first thing he did when he stood up was say "baby okay?" We were concerned that he'd been hurt because he just bumped the handle, but he was so worried about his baby. It's so fun to watch him be so sweet with her...for now!
Thanks Liz, for the adorable jean jacket!
I'm afraid Maggie has an old man mullet. Although Sam wasn't born with this, his hair fell out on top creating this lovely look. Oh well, at least she can wear headbands!

14 comments:

Laura said...

Is it wierd how white sam looks next to her.

Jenn said...

She's soooooooo adorable!

Berry Family said...

Congrats on the new adorable addition. Glad to hear everything went well. It is so crazy how much fast the 2nd baby comes.

Unknown said...

She is so so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

Nichole said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute! Congrats and good luck these next few months adjusting!!

Lost in this Moment said...

Three pushes?! Can I hire you to have my kids? Haha. She is a pretty girl. You guys are going to have to keep her under lock and key until she's married! She'll be a heart breaker. We'll be down in Salt Lake next weekend... can we come see her (and you guys, of course)?

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Oh, she is so adorable! Congratulations!!

Cherice and Corey said...

Congratulations, Erin! She is absolutely beautiful. I am so excited for you, little girls are lots of fun!

3 Men & a Lady said...

Oh my goodness, Erin! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am so glad everything went well and that she is healthy. What a precious time in your life! I'm glad Sam is a cute big bro! CONGRATS!!!!

Wendy said...

I am soooo excited to see her on Sunday!!!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

she is so beautiful! I am glad everything went well with her arrival. Congrats on the new addition.

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Just wait the sweetness wears off and then your going to have to watch every minute. AKA Tommy and Erin!!!

Berry Family said...

The Barfuss Family .. they are in our ward! They are great. Their little girl is too cute. That is too funny. What a small world.

Erin said...

hey Erin, This is Erin Morley. Found you through Jen's blog. Just wanted to say how gorgeous your family is and congrats on the latest addition! You have such beautiful little ones! Glad to see you are doing well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails