Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Don't wanna

You guys I need some major motivation!!!  I seriously don't want to finish my cupboards!!!  I made a promise to myself that I couldn't start working on any other projects...even decorating my house...until I had them all done, including hardware and touch-ups.  Now with my never ending lack of energy and my all consuming time suckers...i.e. my crazy kiddos...I am completely not caring that nothing is finished in my house.  Okay, it's not that bad, I have more than half of the work done.  Actually I usually have a conversation with myself that goes something like this:

As I'm walking through the kitchen to go downstairs I'm thinking: "Man I sure can't wait till my kitchen is done.
The crazy voice in my head:  "Maybe Kendall will do it for you."
Erin says:  "Yeah, but I won't let him...remember, he's offered."
The crazy voice:  "Oh yeah, it really sucks that you are so crazy and can't let anyone help you do things because they have be done in such a stupidly specific way!!!"
Erin says: "Yeah, but these babies are starting to grow and if I don't hurry I won't even be able to bend over enough to sand and paint the stupid cupboards, so I better get cracking on finishing the stupid kitchen this week!"
The rational voice: "Since Sam will be gone...sniff, sniff...the rest of the week we can get it done while Maggie is sleeping."
Erin says:  "Yeah, that sounds good, and maybe I will let Kendall do the sanding!"


See look...I am so good at compromising.  Even if it is with the crazy voice inside my head!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I felt the same way for a few weeks and then I couldn't stand it anymore knowing that I have a deadline and I want to be able to have people come over. Don't worry, you'll get some energy soon and get everything done!

Krista McMillan said...

You know what they about people who hear crazy voices in their heads... They are in VERY good Company. HA! HA! Let me know when I can come help!

Nichole said...

LOL! Glad I'm not the only crazy here!! I can't imagine how tired you must be!! Thinking of being pregnant with ONE makes me tired...TWO...oh boy I can't imagine! I hope you can get those cupboards done cause I really want to see them!!

Jeanette Atkinson said...

I think it is all psychological. Are you really more tired or just looking for more sympathy since you found out you were pregnant with twins? JK JK Seriously, if you have ever heard of double trouble (Lisa testifies it is os true) you would get you but in gear and get every little thing you want done so when they finally get to the crawling stage you can just watch them like a hawk! Just picture poop smeared all over the floor X2, puking feverish babies X2,,,,,need I say more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails