We started off Tuesday morning with a spit bath for Josh. Sam couldn't get over how funny this phrase was. He had to confirm several times that we wouldn't "actually" be spitting on his brother. Maggie loved helping to wipe him off with her allotted wash clothe, but Josh definitely wasn't too fond of the bath.
Until we got to the lotion. He loved being rubbed down.
And come on...who wouldn't love having three different sets of hands rubbing them down with lotion??? (He definitely must have a little Thomson blood in him!)
He's definitely followed after Sam and Maggie with having blonde hair.
And I just can't get over those eyes staring up at me...plus did you happen to notice his adorable dimple in his chin???
This was our first attempt at some pictures together. It's a little squinty in this spot, but I love the look on Maggie's face. She's got 'tude and she's not afraid to show it! (Actually she was being very sweet during these pictures, her expression was just pretty typical.) A side note about Miss Maggie...drum roll please...she is officially potty trained, and she did it 100% on her own. Seriously, I'm not even exaggerating. She still wears a pull up at night just in case, but she goes through naps without any accidents and hasn't had an accident during the day for a while. I'm so proud of her, and I love how proud of herself she is. She's definitely my independant girl, that's for sure!
More of his cute blonde hair.
Maggie is so in love with these babies. She always wants to see him and kisses the top of his head probably 50 times a day...seriously. I can't wait to see how much she is going to love having two little snuggle bugs to love on.
A Jack update: He has done so awesome. This kid is a little trooper! He is off of all the medicines other than his last dose of antibiotics, which he will receive tomorrow. The IV that was in the artery in his arm is now out, and the IV in his head is gone too, but they put a new one in his foot. He is off of the forced air oxygen and now has a small tube that puffs air into his nose. I as able to nurse him today and he did awesome. He latched right on and nursed like he was an old pro. Kendall and I got to spend all afternoon with him and it was so fun to be able to snuggle him and sing him songs.
As we were sitting there, one of the life flight nurses came to get an update on him to send back to our delivering hospital. She was amazed to see how well he was doing...that he was off the ventilator and the nitrus. Then, she said, "Do you even realize how unusual that is. He was life flighted 4 days ago, on a ventilator 2 days ago, and on nitrus yesterday, and now he is initially med free and oxygen free." It put into perspective for sure!!! We are so blessed and we know Jack is being watched over. I can't believe that this has all happened within the last 6 days. It feels like we have been in the middle of it all for weeks.








6 comments:
So glad to hear the great news! Are you all getting over your colds?
Can't wait to see all the kiddos together!
Oh so cute! Love the cute little dimple in Josh's chin & the close ups!
Congratulations on having your sweet babies. I hope Jack is home with you guys really soon. You guys are amazing!
Oh my goodness I don't know where to start. I am so happy for you. Josh is adorable, so funny that he loves getting lotioned (my boys both hate it). Sam and Maggie are so cute too, I love that she is a little mom. She is going to be busy with two babies to love and hug! I'm glad to hear about Jack, its so inspiring to hear his miracle story. I hope he gets to come home soon and be with his wonderful family! Sorry so long, I should just call you...Congratulations!!!
This is all so AMAZING, it seems like weeks since it all started!!!
Post a Comment