Tuesday started off with a call from Jack's nurse saying he could come home today. It was kind of a shock because they'd been telling us to expect Wednesday, so I was not at all prepared. The kids and I needed to be bathed, the house picked up and breakfast made, plus I had to find someone to watch all the kiddos since they can't be in the NICU at all. Luckily Laura offered to let me drop them all off at her work.
When I got there, Jack looked so good. All of the swelling had gone down, and the nurse and I excitedly removed the 4 monitoring tabby things that were left on him. He was snug as a bug in his car seat, just chillin while I signed all the discharge papers.
The nurse had to carry him down to my car, so I thought it'd be fun to get a goodbye shot of the NICU. Hopefully that will be the last time we ever have to be in that great place.The first time they were together since they were in my tummy...11 days without each other. (Josh is on the left and Jack is in the hat.)
They seemed to snuggle up pretty fast. It's funny, I think I kind of expected a big reunion between the two, but they have just been quietly together.
Maggie and Sam have been a little sick, so they are limited to kissing the top of their heads and their feet. If either one has a hat on, it only stays on for a few minutes before Maggie has to give them kisses. She has been so sweet with them...in her own demanding little way...and I'm so glad she hasn't reacted in a mean way to them. Both her and Sam love them so much.







6 comments:
Oh they are so freaking cute!!!! So excited to see some real photo's of the two of them! I love that Maggie is looking over them in the last photo.
Oh my goodness Erin, they are so sweet! So good to see them together. I wish I could kiss their little heads too!
you take beautiful pictures!
Oh Erin they are sweet and it melts my heart to see them together again. I love that they are so comfortable all snuggled up next to eachother! I hope they are good boys for you and that you get a LITTLE bit of sleep at night ;) I'm so happy for you!
They are so beautiful. I can't wait to see the two of them together. I hope you are getting enough rest and recooperation!! I am so glad that the team is back together again!
So cute! Funny how Jack looks nothing like the other three. Can't wait to see him in person!
Post a Comment