As previously posted, we have been working on Sam and Maggie's new room. Last night, Kendall got the first sanding of the walls done. (We had a yard sale on Saturday and we bargained that if I took all the kids, he'd get the first coat of mudding done on the walls. It ended up being a win, win because the kids did great!!!) So while he's been working on that, I'm figuring out how I want to decorate. It's kind of hard to do a room that has a boy and girl together....not too girly, not too macho....it's kind of hard. So far this is what I've picked and made.
My sister Laura made these frames, for lack of a better word, at Christmas time; we just painted over them to put this hilarious vinyl on top. It makes me laugh every time!!! The best part was when I told Sam what it said he chuckled out loud...love that kid.
These are the main colors I'm doing. The middle mustard color on the card is called Curry Sauce by Olympic paints. I painted their bunk beds this color and the back of the french fry board. The tan chip has the colors I've done upstairs (the darkest, Warm Buff), and the middle one, Filoli Antique Lace, is going to be our downstairs family room color; these are both by Valspar. The aqua chip is going to be the color of their bedroom walls. It's the lightest color on the chip; called Grand Hotel Mackinac Blue by Valspar. I have a large coffee table I'm going to paint for them too, and I think I will do it the darkest aqua color called Nautical. I'm thinking about doing the top of that in chalk board paint so they can draw tracks for the cars and stuff. I am getting super excited to paint the fun colors!!! They will really start to pull everything together.This has been my biggest hang up of creative juices! I've had the fabric for their quilts for months now, and I just don't want to make them!!! Which means I put off everything else I want to make because I'm the type of person who likes to finish things before starting new stuff. Anyways, this is the material for Maggie's quilt.
And Sam's quilt.
Thanks to having some of the material on hand and a lovely gift card from my MIL for my birthday, these cost very little new money. (All of the fabric is from Material Girls Quilt Shop.) So, what do you guys think? Do you like my color combos???
This poor little lamb has been cutting massive amounts of teeth! He has been so sad around bed times, so he's been snuggling with us a lot lately. I took this yesterday as he was napping. The little stinker is so sweet and peaceful when sleeping!!!
Sam actually asked to have his picture taken this morning...that's a first for a long time!

3 comments:
Poor little choppie! I hate those darn teeth! Hope he feels better soon!
Love Sam's bed head hair, and i can't believe you still haven't made those quilts yet. JK I do like the french fry board though!
So cute! I know it will turn out awesome, you have great vision. I admire that you have to finish a project before starting it, I get distracted way too easy. I so so wish I lived closer to Material Girls! I just finished buying all the fabric for kason and harley's quilts and I get so frustrated at Joanns and Hancocks. They don't have enough cute stuff for a whole quilt. But at Material girls I am happier than a bird with a french fry ;-). I really need you to come help me decorate my house!
Post a Comment