Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baby it's cold outside!

Last week was freezing here.  It was so cold, so we had the first hot chocolate of the season, turned on the heat, and baked cookies.  This is one of Maggie's favorite things to do.  She loves to help in the kitchen.  So of course the first step to making new stuff is putting away the dishes in the dishwasher.  Maggie has been getting really good at unloading.  She stacks everything up on the counter and then I put away the high stuff and she puts away the low stuff.


Then comes the measuring.  I wish I'd have gotten one with the her pouring the ingredients into the bowl, but she is so focused on getting the measurement just right...I love it!
When Sam got home from school he wanted to help too.
 I think it's mandatory to have a few tastes of the dough.
And the finished product.  They were so yummy!
 Enjoying the fruits of their labor....with some milk of course.  What traditions do you have when it turns cold outside?


4 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

I love Maggies measuring face and her little owl apron.

Liz Davis said...

I made some hot chocolate too. It was from Costco (of course) and made by Nestle but it was Abuelita Mexican hot cocoa. It was so delicious!

Unknown said...

So Fun! I agree that a tasting of the dough is absolutely mandatory.

We love to make soup and bread when it get cold. If I'm feeling really ambitious, we even make bread bowls to eat the soup in. My boys love to help cook too. We used to have a wheat grinder, so we would start by grinding the wheat for our bread and it was an all day activity, perfect for those long cold winter days.

BTW - How do you make your facebook link to your blog whenever you put up a new post.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content for yourself? I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails