Who lives in this pretty little house? That's the question I can remember my mom singing every time we came home...but this weekend she turned the keys over to her beautiful home and is moving on in her life to a brand new condo with no maintenance and new friends to meet. It was kind of a bitter sweet thing for me. I am super excited for her to move on in her life and make new memories and not be tied to this big house that's full of tons of happy and very sad memories. But I will also miss this home, the ward and the people. I lived here from the time I was 11 till 21, then also for almost 3 years with Kendall. Sam learned to walk in this home, & we brought Maggie home from the hospital to this home. But as we were packing everything up and then on Sunday when we visited my mom, everything was gone and it was just a big empty house...all the memories are there, but most of them got packed up with all her things. It's definitely just a house now; no longer her home. I know I'm kind of a dork, but I think it kind of makes me miss my dad a little.
I'm pretty sure this gazebo was one of the last things my dad built...or help build anyway.
It used to be a fire pit and this summer Kendall and I turned it into a rose garden.
I wanted to get some pictures of the pretty gates my dad had built.
Oh well, we will just have to drive by sometimes I guess! Do you think it's dumb that I'm feeling so sentimental? I'm actually normally not a very sentimental person...just ask my mom; she thinks I'm weird. So I'm not exactly sure why I feel so strongly about this...weird I guess.

4 comments:
Justin was quite sad that grandma was moving. He feels kindof attatched to her house too! Love all the photo's. Great memories!
Lots of great memories for me there too :). I cried a little reading your post, more you can feel less dorky - because I'm a way bigger dork, it wasn't even every my house! I'm excited for your mom!
Um, you're definitely not weird. I get teary eyed just thinking about my parents selling the house I grew up in (they're not selling it. I just can't even think about it!) That house has a beautiful yard! I'm sorry you had to say good-bye to your house. I love reading your blog, though!
My kids were just sad that she wasn't moving closer to us. I can't wait to get her into hew NEW EVERYTHING. I just hope she doesn't freak out and go postal with no yard and no body but her self to care for....
Post a Comment