Today I was getting ready to post some of the exciting new things that have happened at our house. As I was uploading my camera, I noticed these forgotten pictures from January. We had so much fun doing this that I really wanted to document it. By this point in the winter the snow was still fun, but starting to get annoying...we have been stuck in the house for how many months now???? We were watching a Curious George where he wears snow shoes and the little clip of the kids in between showed the kids making their own snow shoes....hence this post!
But we did it the ghetto Johnson way! Costo milk boxes tied on with my precious baker's twine {I kind of hoard the stuff...I can at least use it in crafts now though...I'm a nerd I know!} Sam was anxiously awaiting his turn to have his boxes tied on by daddy. I did Maggie's, and I was much faster...just sayin'.
I'm not sure why she's covered in marker, other than the fact that this has been the season of my life of markings everywhere...the walls, all over bodies, on couches, on the floor...like I said, everywhere!
They actually worked pretty well for a little while.
Then they got soggy and didn't work anymore. Sam was making some killer snow angels though.
Man I'm glad it's spring now! All of the snow has melted in our front yard, but there's still about a foot and half in the back....bleck.

4 comments:
I remember when the snow was fun too! (or at least, my KIDS thought it was fun, and I pretended to) I am soooo ready for Spring. Love your homemade snowshoes -- I bet your kids thought those were so awesome!
Very creative! Why do you hoard baker's twine? What the heck do you use it for?
I hoard the twine too! Way fun snow shoes. Maybe next year you could get them to spend a couple of freezing cold inside days making them a pair out of stick and twine. So fun!
Looks like fun you odd little ducks!!!
Post a Comment