A couple of weeks ago, I was at a loss as to what to get for Kendall to take to work for lunch. He was tired of all the Costco stuff, so I decided to make a huge batch of one of his favorite things...spicy breakfast burritos. It started off with two huge rolls of sausage from Costco. I added a lot of heat with cayenne and red pepper flakes. This is where the love part comes into it...I do not like sausage...at all! For me to cook this much of it was almost making me gag...just looking at this picture is gross.
Then came the eggs. It ended up be 6 dozen eggs in total. I added a jar of jalapenos and a little bit of milk.Maggie cooked a ton of tortillas for me. She loved being in charge of making sure the bubbles were all popped, then flipping it over.
The finished result was 2 of these trays of 50 breakfast burritos. We put two in a ziploc bag and threw them in the freezer. He has been ever so happy to take these babies to work. It ended up taking way longer than I thought it would, but at least he has a nice change of food for work.
On this Costco trip I picked up a huge box full of suckers to try to entice Joshy to be more interested in using the potty. It worked for a day, then we had stubborn fits over wanting the sucker, but not wanting to go #1 or #2. Oh well, I guess he'll get there when he's good and ready...and not a minute sooner! He was pretty happy about these green suckers...green is his favorite.

5 comments:
What a good helper! That is a ton of breakfast burritos.... what are you going to make him after he gets tired of eating all of those? FHE was super fun tonight! Great Job!
Looks delish!!
What a labor of love! Justin's bribe was a bike that he really wanted! But he was 3!
Did you freeze them? How long will these last? The only thing I can think of that would be worse than cooking 10 pounds of sausage is being a sausage stuffer who had to through her shoes away!
Love your cute little helper!
Post a Comment