Oh my goodness...today was another gorgeous day! I love this weather, and I love the cleaning and craziness that comes with spring. My mom and I have been cleaning like crazy...it all started with her wanting to paint the bathroom, then things just spiraled out of control from there. Just kidding, this happens every year. I am sure that all of my sisters do the same thing too. We wash the walls, shampoo the carpets, wash the floor boards and move all the furniture and clean everything. As much as I loved doing this in my own home I am actually enjoying helping my mom. Tonight after Kendall got home from work we went and picked up the free, off roading, lights he {WON} at the off road expo...(he was very excited)! Then we had dinner out on the freshly cleaned back patio. After that we went for another bike ride to a different park, where Sam had his sensitive little feelings hurt by a boy who was younger than him. Sam was trying to play on the slide and talking to this little boy, and then the boy snapped at him and scratched his face, so Sam started to cry.
Then the rest of the time we were there, anytime he saw this kid he would cry. Very sad that not everyone is super excited to see him and be friends with him. Poor kid. As we were riding home Kendall and I decided that we'd rather have him be the kid who wants to be friends than the mean bully. How do you teach your kid how to stand up for themselves, but still be nice?
6 months ago

2 comments:
I'm afraid this is a case of the oldest sibling is a big cry baby. There is no competition for so long that when it comes along and this snot nose kid/bully doesn't clap because Sam did something cute he gets his feelings hurt. Look at Laura...
HMMMMMM!!!!! I really think it is the oldest kid who has the thickest skin (maybe even a little extra hair)(INSIDE JOKE) Just wait until you pop another one out and poor sammy isnt the king of sting anymore. Poor SAMMY!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment