Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our Lagoon Trip

This last Saturday we went to Lagoon for Kendall's work party and I didn't bring my camera, but these pictures are from a month ago when we went with Tom and Jen for his work party. Some of them are blurry but I love the expressions on Sam's face. He had so much fun. At first he wasn't quite sure if he liked the scary ride we started him on, but when we went over to the kiddy-er rides he had a blast! He even rode the puff the magic dragon ride! I have been thinking about how grown up Sam seems to be getting lately. It's funny because we have been having a mini shoe drama here...for some crazy reason we could only find one of the two shoes for his new size 7 vans and his sandals so all he had to wear were his flip flops...so I tried having him wear his size his size 6 shoes and every pair he had were way too small. Then I put on some sweats that are size 18-24 months for jammies and they were all of a sudden literally 5 inches too short! This kid has grown, seemingly overnight, right out of his clothes. Yes, he's always been in the 90-95% for height, but come-on! So it seems like I no longer have my sweet baby that I can snuggle and carry around...I now have a long-legged, sometimes wild monster, that can walk and talk and make his own decisions. Although I am loving this new phase in our little Samuel's life, I sometimes miss quiet, calm and none crying-in-the-middle-of-Hobby-Lobby-because-he-wants-candy-or-his-truck-stickers-opened-right-now, or the new trick he's learned that if he hides-in-the-corner-or-under-the-table-when-he-doesn't-want-to-do-something-because-he-knows-it's-harder-for-me-to-squat-down-and-get-him-now...oh yes, these both happened today! So long story short, I love the new independence Sam is gaining, but some days it's difficult, and I am getting really excited to have a sweet new little baby that loves to be held and snuggled! What a great time in life!

1 comments:

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Your pictures look great! He looks like he is actually having fun (unlike my little one). I can't believe we didn't even see each other. Crazy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails