Thinking about my last post, and pondering on the reason this baby still hasn't come...I've decided to take the zen approach to looking at things. Although I know I am being completely impatient by wanting her to come early, I looked at my little life this weekend, and I am completely satisfied...if not 100% happy. It's funny, there are things in our lives that we can't or may not be willing to change...I wish my dad didn't have Alzheimer's; I want this baby here, but am unwilling to take weird measures to force her to come; I'd love to have a second vehicle so I could have more freedom to go anywhere, on my own terms. These are just a few examples, but what I'm trying to get at it this: I thought about my happiness as Kendall, Sam and I were snuggled up on the couch, completely squished but comfortable, and I am so thankful for all the little moments in my life that I wouldn't trade for anything. I know I have been complaining a ton about my uncomfortable-ness, but in the long run Maggie will arrive, and hopefully healthy and strong.
Okay, enough about my thoughts, I came across this post tonight, and I love this picture she has posted. I've decided this completely applies to me this week. As mentioned in my last post, had I been started on Thursday, I'd have been completely unprepared. Now, I need her to wait for me so I can feel ready for her to make her entrance. These are the things I need to accomplish before Tuesday morning:
* Secretly want to avoid laundry pile, but know I have to finish it so we have clean clothes to come home to.
* Play outside in the sun for as long as it's warm.
* Pee every twenty minutes.
* Spend the last fleeting moments of Sam's only child status doing things he enjoys.
* Finish re-sewing an order I messed up.
* Re-ship said order to very patient lady.
* Mop bathroom floor. (My most dreaded chore, besides cleaning the shower...which luckily Kendall bites that bullet for me...nice husband!!!)
* Pack my hospital bags.
* Try not to worry about how Sam will do without Kendall and I there for at least 2 nights. (We've never left him longer than over night!)
* Have Kendall give me a blessing.
* Try to have some relaxing moments.
* Eat a super yummy dinner tonight.
What are some things on your to do list?
6 months ago

3 comments:
Do you jut love that picture because she used wood grain paper for the words?
You are so funny, I love reading your blog even though we talk about it all before, during and afterwards.
I don't know if I have told you this lately but Sam is the luckiest boy. You are the greatest mom and I am lucky to be your sister!!!
I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER FOR MAGGIE!
What a great way to look at things! Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the things we DO have. :) Good luck getting everything done before tomorrow!
Good point! It's so easy to forget all the things we do have that bring so much joy. Good luck tomorrow morning! We love you!
Post a Comment