Hello again...yes it's me, the biggest blog slacker there is! I am going to do a quick update...sorry, no pictures today, but I do have quite a few to post.
Samuel: Got a new bike this week! He has officially outgrown his tricycle from last year. These last few weeks of crazy weather, we'd pull the cars out of the garage and let him ride around, and as I was watching him, I noticed that his knees were really getting tight. So we went to Target and picked out a new 12" bike with training wheels. He is seriously so brave. At first he was so excited to help daddy put it together, then when he got to sit on it I thought he would burst from excitement. It was pretty cold that day, but he didn't care. He hopped on and took off. Well, he didn't realize that this goes faster than his three wheeler, and he didn't know how to stop. Luckily he thought to steer towards the grass and jump off. After that he was a little leery of the cool new bike, but we went for a walk today and he rode it all the way around the block. Very proud mama here!!!
Maggie: Will be five weeks old this Tuesday...Crazy huh! She started voluntarily smiling this last week, and it so fun to get those gummy grins from her. She is such a great baby! Most nights {Unless I've eaten chocolate} she sleeps around 6 hours, and twice this week she slept eight. She definitely likes to be heard when she wants something, and loves to be swaddled and snuggled.
Me: I have been so antsy to start losing weight since Maggie was born, and at two weeks post delivery I decided I wanted to try doing sit-ups on my work out ball. Well, I could do them fine, and thought to myself, wow, this is going to be a breeze to get back into things...well guess again! The next day I seriously thought I'd broken my insides! So, with my mother's warning voice ringing in my ears, I put off working out till week 6. But I do have great news...I have lost 23 of the 28 pounds I gained. Although I still have quite a ways to go for my goal weight, I was pretty stoked when I stood nervously on the scale!
Kendall: The long lost, often neglected on this blog, love of my life. Kendall finished his first year of school this week...Yeah!!! We are so proud of him and this huge accomplishment. I got a nervous call from him while he was waiting for his teacher to grade his final, and didn't hear from him till he got home, so I was kind of anxious too. But he looked so relieved when he came home that I knew he'd passed. Also, he is switching back to five 8 hour days...hooray! We don't really like the 4 10's because he's so tired from the long days that it takes the extra day off to recuperate.
6 months ago

5 comments:
Aww, fun update! I can't believe Maggie is already 5 weeks. We still need to come meet her! Yay for Sam's first bike, and yay for Kendall being able to go back to 5 8-hour shifts! I can't imagine working 10's, what a trooper.
Finally! We thought you fell off the planet. JK I have the cutest paper Travis wrote in school about his cousin Sam. I'll bring it next time we see ya!
Before you know it, Sam will be starting kindergarten.=(
Congratulations Kendall!!!
Congratulations Erin!!!
Congratulations Sam!!!
Maggie, it might be gas...
Yeah Johnsons!
how scary! I am glad everything went alright!
Post a Comment