What a great weekend! I am always so appreciative of conference time. It seems like I always come away a little bit more excited and prepared for our future!
This is a picture of Maggie right before I took her in for her 3 week checkup. At her 2 week appointment the doctor was a little concerned that she still hadn't made it back up to her birth weight, so she had us come back this week. She did great! She gained 10 ounces in one week!!! So as of Monday she weighed 8 lbs 5 oz., which is in the %35 range, and her head and height were in the %50 range. Grow baby grow!!!
Because Kendall is working 4 ten hour days, he gets Mondays off. Last week he was able to go snowboarding, something he hasn't done for about 7 years. I wish I would have taken a picture; he looked so cute in his gear...it took me back. Anyhow, this week, after Maggie's doctors appointment, we decided to take full advantage of our extra family time by fulfilling one of Sam's biggest desires. He is so into trains right now, so we decided to ride the Front Runner up to Ogden to see the train depot. Oh my heck, when we told him that morning that we were going to ride a choo choo, he was so excited...he seriously lit up!
He loved that you could see the real choo-choos along the way.


He was also very excited to see one of his favorite places...Lagoon! He kept asking "Boy, ride???"
Maggie was so good the whole time, and because I just got a hand pump {I'm totally stoked about this, by the way} I could pump her a bottle and feed her as we went. {I wasn't successful at pumping with Sam, so I am so excited that I am able to do this with Maggie.} Look at those huge, beautiful, eyes...will they be blue or brown? We still don't know!
Sam loved saying, "Stop choo choo" at all the stops. I don't know where he learned this from, but he now holds his hand up when he says stop...so funny! 
Although the train depot was a bit of a bust, Sam loved climbing in all the trains.
I absolutely love this picture! It has been kind of a weird transition to go from being the parents of one kidlet to having kids...although we are loving it, it sounds so grown up...we have kids. But anyways, I love this picture of Kendall with the kids. He is such a great daddy, and I love him so much!
Sam got to pick a train at the depot, and this sucker kept him completely entertained, so much so that it was actually hard to walk places because he wanted to drive it on everything!
We had such a great time, and although the frontrunner was a little expensive, totally worth it to make a little squirt very happy!!!
6 months ago

3 comments:
Your rode right past our house! The train depot is such fun. Glad to hear ya ejoyed your ride.
I love that first picture of Sam smiling! Pumps are awesome aren't they?!
Sam is the cutest kid...I especially love the first picture of him! I feel like it will take me a few months to start doing stuff like this again after I've had the baby...I can't believe you braved that! I'm sure the pump helped. I am looking for a hand pump but I want one that will WORK! What kind do you have and do you like it?
Post a Comment