Thursday, March 18, 2010

An Anniversary and a Birthday Girl

On Tuesday, Kendall and I had our 5th wedding anniversary.  I think Kendall is one of the greatest men around...let me tell you just a few of the reasons why:

*He is extremely considerate...seriously this guy worries about hurting peoples feelings and whether or not he could possibly have offended someone for days.
*He let's me run away and have a break whenever I need to, and willing watches the kiddos!
*He is sincerely interested in my hobbies and makes me feel improtant.
*He is incredibly humble.  I don't think I've ever heard him be sincerely cocky, and he is always willing to admit his mistakes.
*He is a great listener.  I love that I can talk to him about anything in the world, and I don't have to worry that he is thinking any less of me when I need to vent or I'm pms-ing and psychotically grouchy!
*I don't know another son in law who would clean up his father in law's messes as willingly and lovingly as does.
*He is very sensitive about taking life...including animals.  This is something I really love and admire about him.  He hunts and shoots and all that, but he still feels physically sick about taking life.
*He always, always, always is thinking about how his actions will affect me and our children. 


I love him so much and am incredibly blessed to have found someone that I am completely compatible with!  I threw in this page I scrapbooked because the song "Then," by Brad Paisley, pretty much sums us up.

Sorry, I know this is a long post with tons of pictures, but a lot happens this week.  Miss Maggie Alece turned one yesterday.  She is such a blessing in our lives.  She is seriously a little charmer that wiggles her way into the heart of almost everyone she meets. 

Last night I was thinking about where we were last year, and what we were doing.  I remember on the second night stay at the hospital it was just Maggie and I in our room.  Kendall had gone home to sleep {so he could go to work} and take care of Sam.  I had been thinking about what I wanted to write to her about her birth and about my feelings for her, and all I could think of were the words to "I am a child of God."  I was holding this beautiful baby who was incredibly fresh from Heaven and I just wanted her know and remember that she is a child of our Heavenly Father.  That he loves her, and that he knows her.  That has been and will always be one of the most important things I can teach my children.  I think if they know and understand what that means it will impact the choices they make because they know who they are, and their divine potential.  It was such a sweet moment for me to hold her and rock her and feel of her beautiful divinity.  I love this girl and that love only grows stronger with each milestone she makes.  These are just a few pictures of our Miss Mags throughout the year:

 


5 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

You both look so young. I hate it when people say that about me and Brad but it is true, look how much you've grown up in the last five years. Congrats and happy birthday to Mags!

Nichole said...

I LOVED this post! Kendall is lucky to have someone who appreciates him so much! It is refreshing to see a loving marriage like yours! I'm sure you are just as good of a wife as he is a husband! And your kids are lucky to have you! Maggie is such a sweetheart and whenever I see pictures of her I can't help but smile...she is the cutest thing!!

Krista McMillan said...

Happy Birthday To Maggie!!!! She's such a cuteie!!! I also think Kendall is pretty great too, oh, and by the way You are too!!!

Jenn said...

Happy Bday Maggie-Moo!

Becky Darling said...

You too are awesome and a blessing for mom and dad!! I am so glad that your their to help them!!! Maggies b-party was great, loved the cupcakes!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails