Well, since I have been promising some pictures of our projects for a while, I decided to do an update of where we are today. This was a before of the fireplace in our front room when we bought our house.
Although we haven't actually changed the stone on it yet, painting around it and putting up decorations have made a huge difference.
I don't know if you remember this post I did in July, but this is the owl I painted and then stitched from that picture. I don't think I'm loving the frame yet, so I will have to keep tweaking it. I just did some crackle glaze on it then painted it orange.
This is a leaf picture I made after seeing my sister Laura's super cute Halloween ones she's making for their boutique this Saturday.
This is to show a close up of the leaf garland I made. It was so simple...it's just felt and thread.
This is the beginnings of my family wall. I need some advie on what color to paint the frames. I'm thinking having them all be white...but Kendall thinks that will look too boring. What do you think? I'm going to be putting color pictures in them, so I think white will be a pretty neutral background color.
Before pictures of our cupboards and kitchen.
Drum roll please...dub a dub a dub a...I am pleased to finally present our finished cupboards! Don't they look so much better!!! We still have some work to do in here...Kendall has installed one of the 9 can lights we are putting in, and we've got to demo the sub-floor and install the tile, which we plan to have done by the 24th of October...when the next Thomson FHE will be held at our house! Then we have to add the base board. After that we will pretty much be done with our major projects for a while until we get new appliances.

11 comments:
Crazy awesome huge projects! It all looks GREAT!
GREAT work! I love your style. I think your family picture wall is great. I vote for either white or brushed nickle paint on the frames. Thanks for all the inspiration. Your cabinets turned out awesome! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.
I love your living room with the beautiful fall decorations. I'm not sure on the picture wall. Mine is all different colors... But the cupboards look really different with the doors on. I kind of liked them without doors!
Liz, in theory I liked them without doors too, but you have to keep the junk inside way too organized for me. Maybe you could do it since you love to be neat.
It all looks great! The cabinets look brand new! The picture wall... it could be cool to have all one color, but mine are all different with green accents... you will do it the way you want anyways!!! Trust your instincts!
Well done! I love before and afters and your stuff looks fantastic.
VERY NICE!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!
I love the white cabinets! It totally changes the look! I'm also all for white frames. . .I really like white. All your pictures are really making me want to decorate my own place!
Super cute as always! Love the garland!
If you paint the fames the same color as your kitchen cabinets it is a color that could flow through out your whole house tying it all together! But do whatever, it is YOUR house! What does Kendall think or does he even get to vote?
I love it all!!! I have a suggestion for your owl picture!!! Tea tye the owl then it won't look so perfect!!! I love the picture wall with different colors, but thats just me!!!!
Post a Comment