Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh snap...I did it again!

Ha ha ha...my title is still making me laugh...I'm such a dork!  Anyways, for those of you who didn't hear this story through the grapevine I thought I'd tell it here.  Yesterday I woke up ready to conquer all of my unfinished projects.  I got out my sewing machine to finish my curtains in my kitchen and to finish my Thanksgiving countdown.  I even had my machine threaded and ready to go.  My bright idea was that I was going to give a coat of paint on cupboard doors in between sewing.  So I gathered up two doors, the gallon of half full paint, and a paint brush and headed out the back door to paint.  As I hit the pavement somehow my foot bent in half and I ended up covered from head to toe...including my hair...in paint writhing on the ground.  Sam was downstairs watching tv and came running out to see what had happened.  He immediately said that I needed a kiss and came down to help me.  Then Maggie followed suite.  It was very sweet, but sadly did nothing whatsoever for the pain. 

Some of you will recall that something very similar happened when I was just barely prego with Sam.  I fell down our cement stairs of our apartment and fractured my left foot.  Kendall was sleeping and I woke him up with my screams. 

Anyways, I managed to crawl back into the house to get in the bathtub to wash the paint off and then into bed.  After a while I decided I probably better go to the clinic to see if I broke it because I couldn't put any pressure on it without crying.  So my mom and Tommy (who was on lunch) came and rescued us.  Just before they got there I asked Sam to grab my flip flops that were out by the paint and as he was grabbing them Maggie followed him out the door and immediately they had a little party in the paint.  So when our rescuers got there the two kiddos were covered in paint.  Lovely.

To make a long story short the doctor declared that my foot is not broken...yeah!!!...but that I need to wear a boot and keep it as immobile as possible.  I don't know if I don't remember how painful it was last time or if it's because it's more in my ankle this time, but holy crap this hurts! 

The thing that makes me the most mad though is that I lost a half gallon of paint so now I have to replace the stupid $30.00 can!!!  Oh well, at least my ankle isn't busted right?

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Ouch! It's sounds like you REALLY don't want to finish those cabinets! Hope you feel better soon!

Jessica said...

You poor girl. If you need help let me know.

Becky Darling said...

Sorry that happened....maybe its someone telling you to take it easy????? Let me know when I can help!!

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Way to go GRACE! Sorry about the lost paint that is a drag. Did you get it cleaned off the patio?

Jenn said...

I can easily visualize the footprints of paint they tracked all over the house! Is it the same foot? I hope you feel better soon! Let me know if I can help!

Related Posts with Thumbnails