Today was kind of a crazy day. It started out bright and early, (6:00, which is pretty early for us, normally we wake up around 7:30...) to very cheerful children...I hate those kinds of days! (Just kidding, but I am normally the type of person who likes to wake up in steps, so when they wake up and are ready to start our day too early it makes for a long morning.) Then we lazily ate breakfast downstairs while we watched/snoozed through the morning pbs and kbyu shows. The rest of the day was fairly productive, I got a long awaited skirt made for Maggie while she was napping, and we all got bathed and fresh. The mountains of laundry are still in the process of being finished.
So, here comes the Aaaack part. While I was upstairs doing my hair the kids were downstairs playing with the cushions on the couch and this big box we have left over from the microwave. They were giggling and having a party. When I came down to switch laundry loads I noticed Maggie looked extremely suspisious...that's when I noticed the marker!!! On one of my laundry trips I had forgotten to close the door tightly. Our laundry room is big, so our computer and scrap book supplies and all sorts of goodies are housed in the same room. She had wandered in there...more like ran with delight...when she realized I'd left the door open. She then proceeded to color on some of the cushions of their fort!!! The best part is that it was a permanent marker. At least it's a golden yellow though, so it's not super dark or noticeable!
6 months ago

5 comments:
Ours was toothpaste all over the cushions, VCR, carpet! It doesn't come out easily either. Every time you thing you've got it out.... it dries and a white ring magically appears!
what a stinker. I can just see her face when she gets caught with the marker
Did she smack her own hand?
Hmm, a lock on my office door isn't so funny is it... You know they make hinges that automatically shut the door for you. You might want to look into it!
The dollar store sells AWESOME cleaner $1. It got permanent ink out of the carpet at our last house without a problem. Might want to give it a try!
Post a Comment