...not so much twice, but I've definitely got a list! We are coming towards the end of our major tiling project and all I can say is that I can't wait to have my house back! Christmas has pretty much been put on hold until we're done. So I thought that I'd mention a few of the things that need to be done in order for our house to look and feel like Christmas threw up in it!
First off, Kendall has to finish laying the last of the cut pieces of tile that border the perimeter of our kitchen, and the couple of pieces that need to be cut for the 2 hall closets. Once that's done he can do the grouting.,,hooray! I can't wait to see what it all looks like pulled together into a finished product! We bought the base board for our kitchen and hallway too, so that should be able to go up this week too. We have kind of a nontraditional idea for our base boards, and I'm thinking it is going to be awesome and way less expensive, so there will be a tutorial/lots of pictures to come.
I bought the paint to repaint my kitchen table, so it will go from daffodil yellow to a really pretty red. I then got two new paints to do the chairs with. Two chairs will be crushed oregano green, two will be a pretty brown, and two will be daffodil yellow. Can't wait to have the tile done so that my table and chairs can come out of the stuffed front room and I can finish this project...which will also hopefully be done this week. Before and after pictures of this will also be coming.
Once my table is painted I will pull out the sewing machine and have a day of sewing. Mending, finishing blankets for the babies, and maybe making a few pillows while I'm at it!
Move all the stuff that's migrated into our front room back to their homes. Which then means that we can put up our Christmas tree.
Sometime this month we will be buying this loft bed I've had my eye on for Mr. Samuel. He is sooo sooo excited to have to climb a ladder to get into his bed. I was searching on KSL for one in our price range and I showed him the one I want. He was so excited and asked if he could play trucks up there? I thought it was a funny question until I thought about it for a minute. At least once a week he'll ask to play in his and Maggie's room with the door shut so he can play in piece without the "Maggie Monster" messing up/ trying to play with him. It was funny because I could almost see the wheels turning that if he has a tall bed he can play in peace...sadly for him, Maggie knows how to climb and will most definitely not let a little ladder keep her brother away from her!!!
All I have to say is that it really stinks to remodel anything that is a major part of your living space during the holidays because everything is being put on hold so that we can either work on our projects, or because everything is such a mess. I know, I know, this is 100% my fault because I told Kendall that all I want for Christmas is to have our kitchen done...but man, you don't appreciate how much you live in the kitchen until it can't function for several days/weeks. I will be so happy when this whole mess is done...and on the very plus side, it's looking beautiful and I love to see all the colors of our house coming together into what I envisioned when we bought this 70's house!!!




4 comments:
Can't wait to see the finished project pictures. Last year we were finishing our kitchen and this year when we got out the tree it was so dusty (even though it was set up in the basement)! I love Sam's bed and totally get the Maggie Monster thing! That is so funny!
I can totally understand how it feels to climb into a lifted vehicle when pregnant. Our 81 blazer is lifted & when pregnant (though not right now!) it is exhausting getting in & out.
Your plans for the the house sounds great. You are talented with decorating & anxious to see it all finished! Good luck!
I'm excited to see the finished product of EVERYTHING you are doing!! I'm especially excited to see the table...it sounds AWESOME!! Good luck getting it all done!!
The mess in the kitchen is only horrid until you get it finished, then once it's all done it doesn't seem like it was that bad and it doesn't seem like it took that long either!!! Funny how it works that way!!! Can't wait to see everything done!!! Do you want baby sitters for the kiddo's while you are doing the painting? We are always happy to have Sam and Maggers over. (Just a note I think the cars at my house have been awfully neglected, I'm just saying)
Post a Comment