I had my 34/35 week checkup today. I say 34/35 because at my last appointment 3 weeks ago...I missed my last weeks appointment because of dad's funeral...they said the babies were measuring a week big, so they bumped up my due date, but I'm still a little skeptical, hence the 34/35. Anywho, I am officially dilated to a 1 and I've had a few contractions in the night that were strong enough to wake me up. My doctor didn't seem at all concerned because they were very irregular and went away. I will supposedly be having these kiddos on or before the 4th of February, which is only 2 1/2 week away...yikes! My doctor also said how glad he was that everything has been going so smoothly, he said that doesn't happen that often with twins and that we, the babies and I, were doing awesome. I can't believe how fast it has come. On the one hand I am super excited to see what they look like and to be able to hold them (not to mention my excitement over not having to lug them along in my belly any more), but nervous for the delivery and life with two babies. Next week I will have another ultrasound and dr.s appointment and he said we make our plans from there.
Last night Mom and Dad Johnson took us to Target to get another car seat for baby number 2 and we got our other one out of storage today. I kind of feel bad for the baby who gets stuck in the old one because it isn't nearly as cute or plush as the new one...I guess we will have to take turns so neither one will get too spoiled! Sam and Maggie have been willingly trying them out for us and have deemed them both fabulous. Then today the kids and I hit Material Girls after my appointment and we scored some super cute sale material to make car seat covers for the babies and a new twin bedspread for Maggie. Sam was so proud that he picked the final selections for the babies. He is getting so excited for them to come and I hope that lasts after they get here. We've been talking about how babies are kind of boring and that they don't do much at first because he has been super excited to have brothers...I think he thought he'd have instant playmates. But he tells me he's okay with having to teach them how to play. He's going to be such a great helper. Maggie, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. She absolutely loves babies, and is usually seen carrying a baby or pushing one in her stroller, but we'll see how she adjusts to not only being de-throwned but double de-throwned.
I promise to have pictures soon! I have a ton of updates that I need to take pictures of and I definitely need some good shots of this ginormous belly. That's another thing I won't miss...walking into a room and having everyone do a double take at my bulbous middle!!!
6 months ago

8 comments:
It will be here before we know it! Have you started nesting yet???
I can't wait! I'm so excited!
Yeah hoo! Finally some more babies for my kiddos to play with & love. My boys are so baby hungry! They can hardly wait!
I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has flown, for me! You are the most amazing little baker and I can't wait to see these babies once they are out of the oven.
P.S. I hope you had a nice birthday...
Very exciting! Glad everything is going so well. If you guys need anything, let us know. You always look so cute during pregnancy, do I wouldn't worry.
So glad to hear everything's going well! Good luck over the next few weeks, I'm sure you'll do great.
I am getting so excited for you guys. Good luck and god bless in the coming weeks.
Wahoo! So close, you are going to do awesome! Do you have names yet?
Post a Comment