Thursday, January 27, 2011

Finally some finished projects and a prego shot

Okay, here is a picture of me at 36 1/2 weeks along.  This was at night, and I was super tired...plus I'm not wearing any makeup...so don't judge! 
 I have finally completed my picture wall.  The two 11x14 frames that are empty are for the babies. 
 This is a better picture because it doesn't have a glare, but is at a weird angle.
 This is from the other side.
 Kendall has officially finished our tile!!!  Hooray!  It looks so pretty, and I can't believe how much I love it.  I have always been a hardwood floors person, but I'm sold on tile.  We chose 18x18 tile from Arizona Tile, and the maintenance with little kids is pretty awesome.   This also has our unfinished table and chairs.  I still need to do another coat of red on the table, and the two remaining wood  chairs will be brown.  We've still got to finish the base and touch up paint, but the end is officially in sight!
This is a before of the same part of our kitchen:
 We had two pretty big crashes tonight.  Sam fell off of a toy he was balancing on and wacked his chest on another toy.  Then Maggie was teasing Sam by stilling his toys and running, and she fell on the tip of the coffee table and got a huge welt on her cheek, and bit through her lip.  Poor little choppies!
 Here is our nearly complete bathroom.  I couldn't get a very good angle on this, so this is what you get.  We just have to finish painting the bead board, trim and base white.  So in love with how this turned out.  Kendall did an awesome job.  It's amazing how a "simple" project can turn into several plumbing problems.  We haven't ever messed with plumbing before, and Kendall is still tweaking the faucet.  Oh well, at least it's on it's way to looking beautiful.  I got my shower curtain at Target.
Before of bathroom:

 We ripped out the ugly vanity and mirror that were in here before and put in this pedestal sink that I am loving.  It gives us so much more space in here, plus we have a big linen closet in the hall way right out the door for storage.  I found this mirror at the DI for $10.00. It was a white and gold color and I spray painted it a glossy green color.  This isn't a very good picture for color quality, but it's the same green that's in the shower curtain.  Now we need new globes for our light fixture and some hardware for towel racks. 
Before of vanity and ugly sink:

13 comments:

Wendy's Email; said...

looks so nice! I bet you are so excited to have it done!

Becky Darling said...

Wow!!! It all looks so amazing!! You guys have done a fabulous job!!!

Steph said...

Nice work! You can't even tell it's the same house.

Unknown said...

Wow, you really have done an amazing job! And while prego with twins. You are officially super woman!

Liz said...

It's like your house has traveled through time!!! You've posted too much to comment on. I love the pedistal sink and think that you will have many hours of enjoyment with anywhere from 1 - 4 small children under your feet. I love the tile, just get some pads {like I got Mom}, {they have cheaper ones at walmart} so that you can stand on it cooking and cleaning for hours on end! Are you guys leaving the door off of the hallway leading to the basement or garage? I noticed it in the before picture...

I hate to admit it but I kind of miss the toilet seat cushion!

Erin said...

Liz: yes, we are leaving the door off between the kitchen garage and stairs...we just haven't started that part of our house yet. It wasn't very safe to to have it there because the landing is too small. We still have the disgusting toilet seat if you want it...it actually was pretty comfy.

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Looks like mother bird has begun to nest!!! It looks so cute and poor Sam and Maggie give them a kiss from me and Spencer!

Unknown said...

Btw, you look great (even without makeup). Your outfit is cute too!

Nichole said...

Wow the changes in your house are AWESOME! You guys made it look so up to date!

I wish I could pull of being 36.5 weeks pregnant and no make-up like you!! You look great!!

Miss Tiffany :o) said...

Love, love the projects! You look great, so small! I think I was that big with both my pregnancies and there was only one baby in there. Congrats and good luck!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Okay, first things first: you look adorable pregnant, especially with twins! And I can't believe how productive you've been! When I'm pregnant, I pretty much lay there like a bump on a log...how pathetic! And I LOVE seeing a your house projects! It's so fun to see how you've improved and updated everything! AND...I Love the DI too! You can find such awesome stuff there! (and a lot of crap, but that's part of the fun)

Jessica said...

Love the projects, you are so talented! I am WAY jealous of your bathroom and will likely copy it when I some day have a house (just like I did your picture wall, which I finished yesterday) the bedboard adds so much. And I'm a huge fan of the green mirror and adorable curtain. I think I'm a wood floor fan too... but don't really have experience what converted you to tile?
You look so good! Almost there. :)

Erin said...

Jessica: the reason I converted over to tile is because I went to a summer clearance sale at Arizona tile and I was able to get our tile for $1.00 a square foot. My mom's house has hardwoods throughout and while we lived there I hated it how careful the kids had to be not to drop toys on it or drive scratchy trucks...and since we've had our tile it's pretty much indestructable...plus it's not as cold as I thought it would be. The maintenance is just awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails