Thomas Gilbert Thomson
(April 30, 1945 - January 7, 2011)
Our loving husband, father & grandfather passed away peacefully at home on January 7, 2011. Tom, 65, had a long struggle with Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s disease. He was born April 30, 1945, in SLC to Gladys & Thomas Marshall Thomson. He graduated from West High & served an LDS mission to the Gulf States. Tom married Karen McDermaid in the Salt Lake Temple on November 17, 1967. He was the owner & operator of Tom’s Iron Works. He was a faithful member of the LDS church serving in many callings including: Stake President, Bishop, High Counselor, YM President & Home Teacher. We will miss him dearly, especially his silly sense of humor & his love of family! Tom is survived by his wife, Karen, children: Laura (Guy) Lewis, Wendy (Russ) Steeneck, Jeanette (Brad) Atkinson, Becky (Dan) Hancock, Liz (Dan) Davis, Krista (Jeff) McMillan, Tom Jr. (Jenn) Thomson, Erin (Kendall) Johnson; 24 grandchildren with twins on the way. Also survived by his mother, Gladys Thomson Avery & siblings: Kathy (Alan) Parker, Debby (David) Plummer, Gary (Diana) Thomson, & Jeff (Judy) Thomson. He was preceded in death by his father & granddaughter, Dayna. Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, January 11th at 11:00 in the South Jordan Parkway Stake Center, 9894 S. 2700 West. A viewing will be held Monday, January 10th from 6:30 to 8:30 & Tuesday from 9:30 to 10:30 with both visitations held at the Stake Center. Interment: Valley View Memorial Park, 4335 West 4100 South, West Valley City.


7 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your dad Erin. Keeping you in our prayers.
So sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers as well! Take care! Love you!
I hope you are able to enjoy the services tomorrow. I am sure they will beautiful, with so many wonderful memories of your Dad. I'll be thinking of you.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Good luck with the twins!
I follow your sister Liz's blog...
My deapest sympathy to your family.
You will be in our prayers.
Sincerley,
Janiece
Erin I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard this must be. My prayers are with you.
oh erin, i am so sorry. I didn't look at my blog until now I would have come to the viewing had I known. When matt's dad passed away a year ago people said the funniest things to him so I am not going to say any of that only that I am sorry it had to happen this way.
Post a Comment