Jack and Joshua turned 1 yesterday...it is so weird how fast this monumental day came. I have been thinking about what I would want to tell them and have them know about our first year together and this is what I came up with.....
You're my third and fourth babies and you've just turned 1. That's big. That means that you've navigated our mine field of craziness for 366 days and everyone is still alive. We've had our fair share of ups and downs this years, but we've all adapted to each other and are a stronger family because of the contributions we all make. You are both happy and healthy boys. You are not deaf from our noise and you definitely like adding your own sounds to the mix. You have not been left behind anywhere or permanently damaged by our learning curve. NOT ONLY ARE YOU ALIVE - you're both thriving...which is saying something! You're walking around everything, and you both get more and more daring every day...which I am not quite ready for full mobility. Josh, you seem to be a little more curious and investigative when it comes to discovering your surroundings, so you have been a little quicker to crawl and start walking around things! You both love laughing at everyone and anything that tickles your sense of humors...but you definitely seem to have your own inside jokes already! You're both so loving. Josh, you are my little snuggle-bug! It doesn't matter what you are doing; you are always ready to tuck your head in and give me some love. Jack you tend to be a little bit more wiggly...unless you're tired...but you have a way of wrapping people around your little finger! You are such a tease, and it is literally intoxicating!!! YOU'RE BOTH SO INCREDIBLE, and truth be told - this has been my favorite kid-experience (don't tell your brother and sister). I don't love you more or less than the other two... but I'm softened by their awesomeness and every bit of my softening allows me to guide the two of you better. You are both so unique and special and add such an important piece of the puzzle into our family! You are both so charming and adorable...Josh, you charm everyone you see and pull them in to bask in your adorable-ness, and you are always so ready to give away your smiles. You are a very social baby and you seriously draw people in everywhere we go! Jack, you are a little more timid when it comes to strangers, but when you're ready, you definitely know how to lay on the love with those big eyes; which could melt even the hardest of hearts. We definitely try to laugh a lot and love even more and I sure hope that you have felt that in your first year with us!!! I love you both so much and I seriously can't imagine my life without the two of you little stinkers!
These boys are so funny in the tub lately. They are little wiggle worms in everything they do, so I don't get a ton of pictures of them together...or separately for that matter...because I am so busy making sure they won't harm themselves or get maimed by their siblings, but today I was able to snap a few shots of them in the tubby.
These boys are so funny in the tub lately. They are little wiggle worms in everything they do, so I don't get a ton of pictures of them together...or separately for that matter...because I am so busy making sure they won't harm themselves or get maimed by their siblings, but today I was able to snap a few shots of them in the tubby.
Sneaky little smile on Joshy's face!
This boys blue eyes are seriously amazing!

5 comments:
They are 1! Such an exciting stage. They are so dang cute.
So so so so cute!!!!
You can tell which kid you love more by the number of pictures you posted of him! JK!!! Cute pictures and I can't believe it has already been 1 year!
Happy Birthday beautiful baby boys!
Happy Birthday to your boys!! You're amazing!
Post a Comment