Tonight as we were getting ready for bed, Kendall asked that we start praying for more faith. It is a challenge they've asked the young men to do, so he wanted us to do it too. The kids asked what faith is so we started explaing that, you know, faith is believing in things we can't see. They wanted more, so Kendall explained that we can't see Heavenly Father or Jesus, but we know they are alive, and that they love us. I was snuggling Maggie and she looked up at me and asked, "why did they hang him up?" Just a little side note about Miss Mags...she is an unusually perseptive child. She is very aware of my dad, papa, who passed away last year, and she always asks and knows a lot about death and resurrection. Anyways, I expained that wicked men killed him. She got a more concerned look on her face and asked why? So I explained that they didn't like what he was teaching. Still more concerned and now getting teary, "why?" I then explained that Jesus loves us so much that he died so we could live with our Heavenly Father. Her, "Why?" Because he's our older brother and loves us. Now she started crying and said, "but I love Sam and I love Jesus." Now I was crying too and told her that if he didn't die then we couldn't live with Heavenly Father again, or see papa. Then she smiled and said, "Okay."
6 months ago

4 comments:
You really do an amazing job as a mother! I'm glad Desi doesn't ask why yet!
Maggi and her damb why questions!!!! Very sentimental though!
I love it and I just LOVE her! Seems to me she has a tender heart and I think it's just what this world needs.
So Sweet! I wish I knew her better. I learn every day that my kids are here to teach me! Being a mom is awesome
Post a Comment