Sunday, May 6, 2012

What do you do on Sunday afternoons?

Man, we have sure had a great day today.  Normally, church is exhausting and we are sooooo done by the time we get home.  Today went a heck of a lot smoother than normal because the babies did really well...although, we are still counting down the weeks til they can go to nursery!  We had a plan to try to get our trying to get for 9:00 church to run more efficiently, and we got the first task down finally.  We got the bag all packed last night so that we weren't scrambling at the last minute.  It made the morning so much better, especially for Kendall since that is primarily his job.  Now our chore for next week is to have all of our clothes laid out the night before.  I think we can do it!

What do you guys normally do after church?  Today Kendall went to do fast offerings, so the babies slept for 2 hours and the kids went and played downstairs, which left some quiet time for moi!!!  It was fabulous.  Then, Kendall got home just as the babies were waking up, so we all snuggled in to our queen sized bed and finished watching Despicable Me. 

Later, I walked in to the kitchen and found Joshua had pulled a chair over to the door and was messing with the locks!  This little stinker is such an adventurous little soul! 

Sam and his mini me.

He thinks he is soooo funny!  He was watching the sand pile out back and was desperate to get out and play in it.
 Jack was singing to me while I was trying to take pictures of him.  Loving all those teeth!
 He seriously just told me a joke.  He babbled something, while giggling, then burst out laughing!  Such a little teaser.
 Josh then started to sing along with Jack.  Aren't those blue eyes adorable?  I love that his dirty face looks like he has a little mustache.
 Sooo funny it made him drool.
 Lovin' me some hazel eyes!
 Such a goofy girl.  She came in and saw that we were taking pictures and had to jump right in.  I wish I'd taken a picture, but she is sporting the new braided piggies that we just started doing. 
 Kendall was finally able to get a nap going even with all the crazy noise at our house! I can't wait to get all that hair cut off tomorrow.  He's finally ready for a haircut.
 Sam was so into watching the movie that he didn't even notice me taking this picture!



I just finished reading "Heaven is here," by Stephanie Nielson and I seriously recommend you read it and pass it on to anyone else who may want to. It was so good! She talks about the summer before the plane crash being the happiest she'd ever been, and that life was pretty near perfect. She loved her family and appreciated what a blessing they were. Then the crash happened. I feel so much like that...I am so thankful for my family and for everything we have and what we don't have, but want to work towards getting. This book is making me take the time to be more in the moment and less frustrated with my body and my limitations. It has helped me want to be more thankful for even the mundane, tiring things I have to do.  Anyways, I seriously recommend this book! I am wanting to capture my kids in more their everyday activities so I can have them as memories, so beware, future pictures may be random and more candid.



1 comments:

Jenn said...

Love Maggie's pigtails and the pics of the twins!

Related Posts with Thumbnails