Thursday, August 23, 2012

Current projects and a fishy face

The last couple of weeks we have been quite the busy bees at our house.  Sam and Maggie are officially in their new room and it is looking so cute!  I am still working on getting it all together and hope to have it wrapped up for the most part this next week. I decided to post a couple pictures of what I've been up to.  This is our stairwell. I love this quote.  I really wanted to put something on this wall that would become a mantra of sorts.  We go up and down the stairs all day long and I really wanted this to be subtle but meaningful.  I realize none of my kids can read yet, but it's coming quickly.  The painting of the Jordan River Temple was done by my great grandpa when he was in his 80's.  I think that's pretty awesome.  I'm really not much of a sentimental person, but I do love to put things in my house that are functional and meaningful.  I'm thinking I'm going to paint the frame either aqua or yellow.  Not quite sure yet.  What's your vote?
 I am almost done with Sam and Maggie's quilts.  I can't wait to be done with this tedious project!  I'm definitely loving the way they are turning out.  The ribbons all over the place are something I'm trying out...we shall see if I love it or not.
 My sister Laura and I are making some Halloween clay figures.  Yes, I know, getting an early start, but with
Pinterest there are way too many great ideas floating around.  Finished products coming soon.

The next pictures are from our camping trip from last
weekend.  My immediate family gets together for a camping trip annually and this time Jeanette planned it.  Pioneer Campground up by Hyrum Damn was a bit hit...minus all the bugs...   I only took 3 pictures sadly!  Uncle Brad teaching Maggie how to fish. (a few of these pictures are borrowed from Jeanette)
She actually caught this little beauty.  It was so cute...she was so proud of this little fishy...she carried it around, showing everyone.


It's so fun to spend so many days together so the kids can really spend some quality time together.  Jack and Joshy couldn't get enough kisses from miss Charlie.  
A rattle snake was found, skinned and eaten.....not by me of course!

 Everyone had so much fun on the river.

 The milk carton race was also a big hit.  Sam even won!  He was so excited!  His is on the far left with a cute little leaf sail.

 This was our beautiful spot.
 As we were packing up to leave I turned and noticed that Josh had climbed this huge tree.  It freaked me out so much...this little boy is such a monkey!  He thought he was very clever and loved that he'd startled me so bad!

1 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

The campout was sooo much fun! The stairway quote and picture are sweet and i vote for aqua frame. The clay owls are turning out darling! Can't wait till next weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails