Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hiking Cuties and a Kindergarten Baby

For labor day Monday we decided to go hiking around Silver Lake up Big Cottonwood Canyon.  We had so much fun.  We invited the Johnson clan to come with us and Grandpa & Grandma, Travis and Racheal, and Steph came with us.  We had a great time, even though the hike was a little rougher than planned. 

My three hikers looked so cute all decked out with their camel packs on. 
 Jack and Josh had the easy life; ridin' in style.


 The terrain started to get a little rougher and started getting narrower.

There were a few spots where this had to happen...After this point we had to ditch the stroller and Kendall and Travis each carried a baby!  I love Sam in this picture...his little tongue is always poking out when he's focusing.  

Half way to the lake we could see Silver Lake down below.
 The kids loved having a drink at the ready the whole hike.  I think that may have been their favorite part of the whole day.
 The babies loved being able to explore...what little they were able to be down.

 I didn't go all the way up to the lake, but I saw this picture and died.  I imagine it went something like this:
Kendall: come on guys let's get a picture for mom.
Sam trying to help Jack stand up.
Maggie thinking, come on already, let's just get this done!!!
So funny!
 This boy was quite the champ.  I was so proud of him...and Maggie, she did great for her age, but he tried to stay in front of the pack the whole time, and I don't remember hearing him complain at all.  He did awesome!
 On the way down.
 The ride down was pretty bumpy but Jack fell right to sleep.  Josh was liking the ride but as soon a we stopped he wanted OUT!!!
 Today was Sam's first day of Kindergarten!  He was so excited.  I can't believe my baby is officially in the school system...yikes!!!  He got to have his favorite breakfast; squishy eggs with toast and a big glass of milk and he got to wear his new clothes and shoes...his favorite part of the outfit.

 He did so great, I saw a tiny bit of nervousness as I left him, but only for a minute.  He is so brave!

4 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

cute hike pictures and sosa in kindergarten...he will be graduating before you know it!(Like Spencer this year!!!!)

Liz Davis said...

He looks so big in line at school! Those hiking pictures are great. I will have to get me some camel packs for my little camels!

Wendy said...

Wow all grown up! I love the twins haircuts! They look so big. Looks like you all had a fun time.

Steph said...

Wow, time just flies. They are getting so big and so funny!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails