Monday, August 27, 2012

Part 1 of Kiddo Room Remodel

Kendall is finally able to revive his Bronco!!!  Just kidding, it actually runs great, it just needs a few things fixed to get it registered...but he is officially in the process of working on it.  I love this picture, he was so dirty and so grouchy...things weren't working out as smoothly as he wanted them too.  
 The bottom bunk is nearly done.  I really love the way Maggie's quilt turned out, it was a long process to finally finish it, but it's done!  We purchased these bunk beds off of KSL and I painted them with Valspar's Curry Sauce .
 Close up of her wrinkly quilt.
 These sheer curtains are from IKEA.  They are a two pack that are super long for only $5.00.  I just trimmed one curtains length and sewed on the pom poms.
 Maggie loving her curtain...at least now.  When I first put it all on she said she hated it because she wanted it all to be pink, not purple.  Granted this was at 11:00 at night and it was the first night she'd been home since spending the week up at Jeanette's, so she was super tired! She especially loves the flower light so she can turn her light on and off all night long to her hearts content!
 Her least favorite thing is that Jack and Josh like her curtain too!  Little turds; definitely know how to push her buttons!
 These are their toy bins...aka garbage bins from IKEA.  They were on clearance for $2.00 a piece.  They are normally white and I just spray painted them these colors.  Now their toys all fit nicely into these and they can only have as many toys as will fit in them...such a mean mom!

 This is their chalkboard table.  I got it at the DI for $20.00...talked down from $45...that's the first time I'd ever dared ask!  I found the stools at IKEA and took them into Lowe's to match paint.  They had a perfect match, so I painted the bottom of the table the teal.  Then I spray painted the top with primer, then two coats of chalkboard spray paint.  I love it.  The chalkboard spray paint was super easy and so far has work well.  These guys have a huge closet so I put the table and stools in there to keep their room less cluttered.

 I copied these jars a while ago to hold all of the kiddos art supplies and I am still loving them!

6 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

It is looking super cute and Kendall, super dirty!

Wendy said...

Very cool room! How fun. Can't wait to see the rest!

Liz Davis said...

I can't wait to see it!!! Please have it all completely finished by this weekend!!!!!

Jessica said...

You have such great ideas and taste! I love the table the most. Isn't IKEA great? My favorite is your chalk board table complete with the cute horse lid on the chalk jar. I didn't know prices were negotiable at thrift stores! well done.

Jenn said...

I love the garbage bins! Smart idea to only keep what will fit!

Unknown said...

Erin! Everything has turned out so so cute. I LOVE the curtain on the bed - So Fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails