This last week was full of lots of fun and crazy. My mom is still in-between homes, so she came to stay with us for the week. On Monday night Kendall and I got to go to Little America for his work party...and we won $150.00 in gift cards...that's right, it rocked! Since my mom was watching the kids and they'd all gone to bed, we went over to City Creek and walked around. I'd never been there before...it's pretty awesome. They have a fire and water show that's pretty cool, and I gotta admit, I did a little...okay, a lot...of drooling at Anthropology! Then Tuesday night we had another date night. Thanks again mom!
On Wednesday our ward had their Christmas party. It was fiesta themed and was really fun. I had to sing with a small group of women and for some reason I was pretty nervous. Then Sister Jacobson brought out the reindeer antlers and I became super nervous! Kendall of course, thought this was hilarious and kept taking pictures of us singing. He is such a brat!!!
There was even some Fiesta dancing. Jack loved the fiesta wear, ha ha ha!!! He wouldn't leave this hat alone.
Then of course, Santa came. Sam was really excited, but Maggie was in a trance. She waited so patiently. Everyone else was talking and being silly in line, but she seriously didn't move a muscle.
...still waiting!
Finally! She told Santa ...very shyly... that she wanted a baby with a bottle that has clothes to change.
Sam was excited to see Santa too, but a couple of years ago he asked why there were so many Santa's everywhere...not just one. So I told him that they are fake Santa's and the real one only comes out at Christmas time, but we can't see him. So now Sam and Maggie both refer to all Santa's as "The Fake Santa." So Sam was telling me, "Mom, I'm going to tell the fake Santa that I want 2 more remote for our nintendo 64 so we can all battle Mario Cart together."Jack didn't want to have anything to do with the weird guy with a funky beard on, but Josh did become brave so he could have a candy cane.
Thursday night was calmer...we picked Kendall up from work, so he'd have more daylight to work on the Bronco, then we went to the McDonald's playground for a very late dinner at around 7:00 (I'd spent all day cleaning so I didn't want to deal with dirty children at dinner time). Way too late for tired kids.
By Friday, I'm sure my mom was tired of the crazy at my house and headed over to the peace and quiet of my sister Krista's house. The kids and I went grocery shopping all morning...exhausting! Then when Kendall got home, we all went to the gym. That night we had a game night with friends that included deep questions and lots of yummy food.
Kendall worked on Saturday, and Sam was really feeling sick. He started a sore throat that just wouldn't go away. We pretty much snuggled in all day and did nothing, which was basically what happened on Sunday too. Sam still didn't feel good so he and Kendall stayed home from church. They kept Josh home, so I didn't lose my mind during Sacrament meeting. We canceled all our plans...family pictures, dinner at the Johnson's, and singing at an old folks home...and snuggled in as a family, watching Home Alone 2, Frosty the Snowman and America's funniest home videos.
I decided to keep Sam home this morning too because he still doesn't feel good and I might take him to the doctors today. Hopefully this week will slow down a little so we can finish up our Christmas shopping...this year is going to be a record though, I'm going to be done shopping way earlier than normal!!!

3 comments:
That is so cute about Maggie. Sounds a little like our crazy house. I had to be in the Christmas program too!
Ya hooo on being done shopping. It takes a lot of pressure off and you can enjoy the holiday better! Travis is home sick today with a really sore throat, think we have strep!
Hope Sam feels better soon!
Post a Comment