Friday, January 25, 2013

Mommy will you play chest with Sam?

For Christmas this year Sam got a Chess/Checkers board.  He absolutely loves it and is a little addicted...which also means I get to play more chess then I ever cared to play in my lifetime!  Well, for the first time he got me in check mate...and I was really trying...gasp!  How did this happen?  He is only 6 and just beat me a chess!  I guess if I had to be beat by a 6 year old this is the handsome boy that I'd pick!

 This was his winning move.  I was white.  Little stinker!
 My sister Liz came and stayed at our house from Sunday til Tuesday and the boys had so much fun driving their remote control cars.  It was literally freezing, but they couldn't be contained!
 Then of course Sam had to challenge Liz to a match.  My mom told him that she was the chess state champion when she was in elementary, so ever since then he's been dying to play her...so has Kendall, but they didn't end up getting to play so they'll have to have their duel another day.
 Sam makes some great faces when he's focusing...this is my favorite!
She did beat him, but he is determined to practice and play her again.  I love it!  Oh and the title, "mommy will you play chest with sam?"  is what Maggie asks all the time.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! I love it. What a smart little cookie, I don't even know how to play chess

Jeanette Atkinson said...

My boys would love to play chest with Sam. They used to always play with grandpa when he would come to visit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails