Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Some new, some re-arranged

Lately I have been in the sprucing up mood.  I have been wanting to polish the look in my home...you know? Does that mean you have to spend a lot of money???  Definitely not!  This first picture is of a grouping I have in my bedroom.  Love the new flower arrangement art work!  I had purchased that frame at the DI for $3.00.  It didn't have any glass so I went to hobby lobby and picked up a piece for $3.00 plus the matte for $2.50.  It's an 11 x 14 painting...so $8.50 is not too shabby for the size.
 I have been wanting to update my kitchen for a while.  It was kind of a modge-podge of things I've collected over the years, but didn't really fit all together. The top two are just 11 x 14 prints I put into frames that I already had, and I spray painted them this avocado green to update them.  The marker board was on the other side of my fridge before.  Hopefully it will get more use where it's at now.
 I ended up getting rid of a lot of my roosters and only kept my favorites...I am seriously having a yard sale this weekend at my house if anyone is interested...if yes, let me know and I will get you my address!!!  Everything on this shelf is either rearranged, or from somewhere else in my house.  It feels so much more like me now.  I think this wreath may be my favorite one I've ever made.
 The next two pictures are in my kitchen too.  This one is 8 x 10.
 This one is big. I just arranged the words the way I wanted them in adobe and did a poster size print at Costco.  I'm not a huge subway art fan, but I love everything this one says.
I realize that we may not have similar taste in decor, but what kinds of updates do you do in your home? Does anyone else get bored with their decor or is that just a weird Thomson trait???...I know most of my sisters arrange and re-arrange their homes too.

2 comments:

LAURA said...

Love it!! It looks so nice and FRESH!!! I dont know what you are talking about my decor is the same since i gort married :)

Jenn said...

I think it's a Thomson trait!=) But it looks super cute! Love that subway art!

Related Posts with Thumbnails