Monday, May 20, 2013

"I'm a tom boy mom."

Man, I love this kid.  She is my favorite little girl friend around!  She's pretty much a little mime-a bird! Lately she loves playing with her pretend food and making recipes.  I here her all the time mixing ingredients and making special treats.  They usually mimic what we have had for dinner...which she loves to help make!
She's growing up way too fast.  The other day we could hear Sam and Maggie discussing something "serious" in the back of the car.  Then Maggie says, "Mom...Sammy says I'm a Tom boy."  "Oh yeah?" I ask.  Then she explains, "Yeah, that means I'm half boy and half girl, cuz I like to do boy stuff."  Kendall and I were laughing so hard!  Although it took a little convincing for her to believe us that she was in fact all girl, I love that she loves to play rough with her brothers, but can be super girly too!  Best of both worlds I'd say!
Then yesterday after church, we were teasing the kids that they should make dinner and put us to bed, because we were just too tired after the wrestling match of a Sacrament meeting we'd had with the twinners.  Sam new we were teasing and said no way, and Maggie got out of the car and headed inside.  When we made in, we saw that she'd gotten a pan out of the cupboard, filled it with water and was grinding pepper in to it.  I asked her what she was going to make and she said, "spaghetti." Once again, she amazes us with how big she's getting!

5 comments:

Ducksfly2gether said...

so cute! Those eyes!!! You take beautiful pictures of your kiddos!

Jenn said...

What a cute little sweetie!

Wendy said...

She looks way too old in these pictures!

Jeanette Atkinson said...

So did you let her make the Spaghetti?

Erin said...

We actually made pizza, and she helped make everything...even the dough.

Related Posts with Thumbnails