Monday, May 20, 2013

Mini meltdown

Our oldest child is going to be done with Kindergarten next week!!!  I am a little bit in shock.  This next year is going to bring so much change and adjusting to our family.  Sam will be in school all day long...sniff sniff...and Maggie will be in half day preschool two days a week...kind of a hooray!  Although it will be pretty nice to have my errand days with two less children trailing behind, I'm really going to have a hard time letting my Sammy be gone all day long...maybe after a summers worth of time spent all together...4 kids fighting and having to come up with fun things to do so we don't all kill each other...I may be singing a different tune!  

He is now officially a pro paper airplane folder.  He has been practicing and practicing and he makes pretty much any paper that's loose into creations!
 It's really a bonus because I never knew what to do with the 5 or so papers of work they do in class that he brings home every day...now he makes them into unique airplanes. Man, I love this kid!  He really is the best big brother any kid could ask for.  I have been meaning to jot this story down, but keep forgetting.  The other day, we sat Josh on the toilet to see if he would be at all interested in going.  Sam was in the other room and heard me shouting for joy when Josh peed in the potty, so he came running in...put his arms around Josh and said, "Isn't our boy growing up???"  It was so funny, and so Sam.  He is so caring and sweet...he has his naughty teasing moments too, but he is one fantastic kid!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cute!

Jenn said...

Love it! It seems like just the other day he was just walking and entertaining us and I was chasing him around at Mom's house on my hands and knees!

Related Posts with Thumbnails