Sunday, June 9, 2013

"Hi, this is Maggie, I can ride my bike with NONE training wheels!"

That's what Maggie called and told several people on Friday night, in pretty much the most excited voice ever.  She had been asking me for a couple of days if I'd let her ride Sam's old bike so she could try no training wheels.  I told her to wait till daddy got home so he could help her.  So Friday night was it.  He held onto her and walked with her for about a minute, giving her a few instructions..."pedal and I will be right here with you," she pedaled and took off on her own.  
 I'm not sure if it's because she's our second kid so we're more mellow, or because Sam was only 3 when he started riding without training wheels so it took a little longer for him to figure it out, but she took off and totally got it!
 Maybe it's more a matter of her personality.  Let's not forget, this is the girl who potty trained herself 3 months before turning 2! And the same girl who walked fearlessly away from me when she went in for her eye surgery when she was just barely 2.   She is one determined little firecracker!  I love the look of pride on my kids faces when they know they've accomplished something awesome!
 After she took off her helmet she was super sweaty from all her hard work and for some reason she really wanted me to take a picture of her sticky hair.  Silly girl!
 We also busted out the sidewalk chalk that night and Maggie and I drew rainbows.  This one is mine.
 And this is hers next to it.  The yellow at the bottom is her gold.  Love it!
She also wrote her name by it.  I love when kids start writing their names...backwards, wonky letters that are adorable!  She ran out of room for the e at the end so she added it to the beginning.
 Also this week, she has been dry at night every single morning.  I'm not sure if she outgrew the bedwetting ordeal, or if she just made up her mind she was done, but either way I'm sure glad!  This girl is only 4 but she's growing up fast!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW! That is a lot to accomplish in one week! Keep up the great work Maggie!

Jenn said...

Way to go Maggie!

Jeanette Atkinson said...

So awesome! Is there room to bring their bikes when they come and visit? Cute rainbows too! Love the picture with her i did it face and Kendall can't believe it face...priceless!

LAURA said...

The thumbs up picture looks like you when you were little minus the greenish brown eyes. When she called me she said, This is Maggie I can ride a 2 wheel bike now, grandma is going to tie my bike to her car and take it to Aunt Jeanette's. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails