Wow, June flew by in a crazy whirlwind of pain, healing and lots of icees! I had my tonsils and adnoids out on the 13th. That morning we dropped the kiddos off at my sister Krista's house, then Kendall and I headed over to the hospital. I was feeling a little nervous, but optimistic about how "I could handle the pain." I have to laugh at myself because I am a pretty independent person...I really don't like to have to ask for help unless I am absolutely unable to do something by myself...some may also call me stubborn! I have been super blessed throughout this whole process to have my wonderful mom, who drove all the kiddos up to Jeanette's on Saturday, and my awesome sisters Krista and Jeanette...who both have busy families with lots of their own stuff going on...take my kids for a week and a half total! I most definitely could not have had this surgery without their help, so a huge thanks to all of them! Also to my wonderful husband...every day when he got home he'd snuggle me and give me foot rubs! He is seriously one of the best!
Anyways...I had the surgery and was feeling pretty good. The first few days I was in pain, but kind of thinking that everyone who had warned me how bad it was going to be were kind of exaggerators and that "I've carried twins, for heavens sake, and had major strep throat with 4 little crazies running around...I'll only have to take care of myself; this will be a sinch!" Then the 3rd and 4th day hit! Wow, I was definitely understanding what all the warnings were about! Luckily I had good pain meds though, and lots of rest. I also have a shaved ice maker, so I pretty much lived on icees...hence the 17 lb weight loss! So I was pretty much a vegetable for a week and a half, then the kids came home. Even still, 2 and a half weeks later, I'm still sore and not all the way back to normal. I've been surprised at how long it's taking me to feel myself. Thankfully, I am super blessed to have pretty mellow kids who know how to play well together...most of the time...and they've let me rest and be boring. Not to mention that Maggie started a urinary tract infection when she got home...so she was wanting to snuggle and relax too. Then Jack had his surgeries, so he was a little calmer than normal for about a minute! These pictures just make me laugh. I'd put their tent up outside, but it had gotten so hot that we couldn't stand to be out there...not a great week for Jack to have surgery when it's 104 degrees and he can't get wet! So we decided to bring the tent inside. Anytime I make me an icee they need one too, of course!
This is Jack's arm after his surgery. He has to have this drain in for 10 days. He has been such a trooper...I will do another post on him tomorrow.
Love me some blue eyes!
Silly kids! I can't remember where Sam was. He must have been playing downstairs or something.
So moral of the story...if you want to lose a lot of weight really quickly...go get your tonsils out...but make sure you have a good support system! Also, what are some fun and exciting things to do with kids in 100 degree weather that doesn't include water?

2 comments:
Glad everyone is feeling better. I love the pictures of the kids in the tent.
Hope you are all 100 percent again! The tent pics are really cute!
Post a Comment