The last couple of weeks we've been working on projects at our house. We had a pretty small pad of cement in our back yard, and crappy old falling apart steps, and it is finally time to replace them! Hooray!!! This is pretty much what any hard labor project looks like at our house. Kendall and Sam doing a majority of the work, the boys "helping", and Maggie wanting to help on the fun stuff...like using a sledge hammer and pick.
Josh is freakishly strong. He kept picking up the chunks of cement to throw them into the wheelbarrow, and would refuse help...until his muscles started shaking.
I think Kendall made at least 30 trips back and forth dumping the cement. What a babe! I really love that he isn't afraid to work hard and to get a job done. He reminds me a lot of my dad in that way.
Jack loading up the wheelbarrow.
This boy has been such a good helper. He's getting so strong, and loves to work with his dad!
Man I love that handsome face!Maggie contributed by baking "apple pies" in the sand box. She kept bringing them around to everyone so they wouldn't be hungry.
She also made "cookies."
I'm getting super excited for our new larger pad of cement. I can't wait to have barbeques and dinners outside! Now on to cutting out the grass, and getting it all leveled.

3 comments:
Looking good! I KNOW how hard that work is... Good Luck!
I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see it get done!
Looks like fun.. Sam isn't wearing appropriate shoes for working with such manly tools. He needs some steel toed boots or something (justin says) Can't wait to see the finished product!
Post a Comment