If you see the Johnson clan at the store, this is usually what you'll see. We get lots of stares, pointing, laughter, and sometimes even awkward disapproval. I've pretty much gotten over the commotion we usually cause, but yesterday was a little worse than normal. It's usually me standing in between those two carts, but Sam and Maggie figured out that they could be a hinge; so I pulled my train along. It turned out to be a great help...that is until we knocked over a tower of Nutella that we had to pick up. It's funny, people will look at us and look away, then do a quick double take. First they usually ask, "Are they all yours?" Then comes, "Are they twins?" Occasionally I even get asked if I have two sets of twins. Oh heaven help me...I couldn't handle two sets of twins!!! {{{{Correction due to some comments...I don't think it's that I have 4 kids that brings us so much attention, it's that they are all so close together. And that anywhere we go, except Costco that has double seats, I have to have two carts to buckle the boys in.}}}
P.S. By the way, they look a lot sweeter when they are in a snap shot and not running, shouting, or wiggling! I sure do love these kiddos and even though they are often times very exhausting, I am so blessed to be their momma! Every day is exciting, challenging and even wonderful!


4 comments:
I don't understand why people think it's so weird with four kids. This is Utah after all. If I saw you at the store I would probably just feel bad for you like I do most moms with screaming children.=)
Love Josh's cheesy grin!
You are my hero! I only have 3 and I don't go ANYWHERE with them in public, LOL! Mostly b/c my middle child has Oppositional Defiance Disorder and it's extremely difficult to deal with, especially in public.
I think it's funny that in UT people would ask "Are they all yours?!" (I don't know, maybe it's stereotypical for me to think that everyone in UT has more than 2 kids...) I have a friend out here that has 10!!! (1 adopted and the rest are biologically hers). I wonder if people stare when they go shopping. I'll have to ask, haha!
Anyway, you're awesome!! I wish I had more patience so I didn't feel like waiting until my husband got home to run errands.
Too funny. I think you are awesome to photo journal the everyday crazy life. One day soon it will all change and you will wish for four crazy kids to drag along to the store to make it more FUN!
Post a Comment