One of my favorite times of the year is when school starts. I love the school shopping, the excitement, fall being just around the corner, the kids off to school and no more fighting, the new schedule, the learning...but most of all I love Father's Blessings. This always makes me nostalgic and miss my dad fiercely! He was always willing and wanting to bless us with the priesthood. Sam was looking forward to his blessing because he was starting to get a little nervous last night. After his blessing he had a huge grin on his face. Then this morning, the first thing he said to me was, "mom, the blessing worked...I'm not scared anymore!" I'm so proud of this boy and his willingness to do new things. He was so excited when we got to school and could hardly stand waiting for his teacher to come out! I still can't believe he started 1st grade!!!
Showing off his newly lost front tooth!After school I had to laugh as I tried to keep up with all of the first-day-of-school-data that he was rattling off to me and then asked him if he was nervous or scared after I left and he quickly said, “A little bit, but mostly not! I did the monkey bars, knees first down, then I dropped down. And I get my very own desk all to myself, but I'm girl trapped...there's girls on both sides of me!"
I laughed and grinned and even cried a bit as I listened to this kid talk and talk and talk……..all the way home. And that’s when I let out a huge sigh of relief. My kids are growing older & being more independent; it's a little nerve racking...but we're going to thrive!!!

4 comments:
That's funny--Tasha was wondering why the teacher put HER in between two boys!
Cute pictures... love the zinnias in the background!
What a cute not so little anymore fart! Love that he said he was girl trapped!
Spencer & Justin love to be girl trapped! Man he is lucky and really great pictures!
Post a Comment