I think the start to every new school year will be a mixture of emotions for me. I tell my eyeballs not to well up with tears on days like today, but I can’t help it. Sammy started 1st grade 2 weeks ago and Miss Maggie started preschool today. I can't believe my 2 oldest are now in school and are creating good habits, learning fundamental skills, making new friends and figuring out making their own decisions....sigh!
Maggie was so funny today. She wouldn't even let me walk with her to the door; she wanted to do it all by herself. That is just so like her that I don't even know why it surprised me. I had to go inside to give the teacher a check, but Maggie made me wait till she'd gotten inside to even get out of the car. Man I love this independent girl! Although her determination can be quite difficult to deal with, it's times like these that I can see the major benefits to her uniqueness. She is strong and courageous, as well as feisty. She has a sense of herself at such a young age and I really do admire that. There's definitely no one quite like Miss Maggie Moo!!! I'd have liked it if we could have held hands and walked to the door together, but when it comes right down to it, I’m just grateful she'll let me watch and cheer her on.
When I picked her up...btw, shopping with just two rugrats was quite wonderful!!!...I was going to ask her how it went, but because of the look on her face I rephrased it to..."You had a great day, huh?" She was absolutely beaming. She told me all about her new friends...whom she couldn't remember their names, but one had curly hair and a purple shirt, and the other had hard hair and a pink shirt, what hard hair is...I have no idea??? I'm so glad she had a blast. I knew she would, but it's still a little nerve racking!
Anyway, another year has begun. Best of luck to all the little chickies who've started school…….you’ll do great!



1 comments:
Such a darling little pre-schooler. 2 kids at the store eazy peazy! Hope you are all starting to feel better. We missed you guys on Sunday!
Post a Comment