Wow, 7 years ago I was introduced to this handsome boy! He made me a mom...and I couldn't be more grateful to have such an incredible boy! He literally teaches me so much. I love his thoughtful spirit and his silly grins. He is an awesome biggest brother, and I admire his ability to learn and grow.
Thursday started off with a bang of hugs and kisses. Then off to school. I surprised him at school with a kids meal and lunch with mom. A huge thanks to my mom for watching the other kiddos. It was so cute, he kept leaning over and giving me a huge hug and kisses. Then he'd say, this is the best day ever. Then when he got home he got to tear into his presents. Luckily Kendall beat us home because I don't think he could have waited another second!
He was super excited to get two big transformers.
Sporting his new duck dynasty jammies.
For dinner he requested "meat" sandwiches, cabbage salad, barbeque chips and root beer floats.
I was super lame and didn't make him a cake on his actual birthday...in my defense, his friend party was in two days and I planned to make it then...and I thought he wouldn't even care. But the first thing he said was, "You didn't make it?" I felt bad, but some days you gotta do what you gotta do!
This was our first year doing a friends party. We only invited 5 people and we thought 4 were coming, but only 2 kids ended up showing up. Oh well, he was just excited to play with his friends. They got to eat yummy pizza and breadsticks, then decorate their own cupcakes.
Sam went with his new favorite color, yellow. I love the blue one with all the marshmallows!
This ended up being a great way of doing this. I just made three big bag of different colors, then each kid had their own little baggy. They picked a color, then I squirted it into their baggy. Way less waist and much tidier.
Then, throw in some bowls of treats and let them decorate away!
It was a great weekend and I'm so glad we got to celebrate Sam! He totally deserves it!!!

2 comments:
Happy happy birthday Sambo! Love your jammies!
Love the jammie sammie sosa! Hope you had a great birthday!
Post a Comment