The last two weeks have been...what's the word...exciting, emotional, inspirational, a time of growing and learning. You know how you go through periods of just life? Where you don't feel like your moving forward or backward? Then you have times were you feel like your mind is flooded with knowledge and insight? That's how the last two weeks have been. I've been struggling. Trying to keep up with demands of 4 children, making a house a home, keeping healthy food a priority, church callings, laundry and all things to do with scrubbing, being the wife I want to be, refinancing and the stresses of financial decisions, and in the middle of all that keeping my sanity and still growing as myself. The quote that says," Have you prayed about it as much as you've talked (thought) about it?" kept on popping into my mind as the thoughts of inadequacy and how overwhelmed I was feeling continued to be a struggle. And the one that says something about when you feel overwhelmed your spending too much time in this world and not enough time with the Lord." So one morning, before the choppies woke up, I did just that. I turned it over to Heavenly Father. I told him what I was struggling with, that I needed his help, that I had faith that he would help me, and that I knew he loved me. Wow, the peace and love that came that day was so awesome. There's nothing like that wash of love that only He can give. Luckily I had my change of heart and attitude before Father's Day because this one was a tough one for me. I really miss my dad. I miss what he's missing out on. I know he is doing a great work there, but I still miss him. Then this clip cam on my newsfeed on Facebook. I loved it!
I remember when my dad was first diagnosed with Alzheimer's, thinking, "why would You do this to him? He has done everything You've asked of him and he is a great man, how could You do this?" I felt angry and frustrated and actually hurt. I was able to work through all that as I could see His hand softening us, and as I was able to serve my dad when he couldn't help himself, I realized that trial and "cutting down" was something my dad had to face, but it was definitely for me too. I had to learn how to serve and rely on my Heavenly Father in ways that I couldn't possibly have learned any other way. Yes, trials and growth hurt. They are painful, but sometimes when we think we are growing and thriving, he says, "Wait, I don't want you to be a "tree," you are capable of becoming and have the potential to be a "bush.""
I'm so thankful for the growing seasons in my life. The growing part is painful, but I'm thankful for the opportunity we have to be corrected.

2 comments:
I went to lunch with a dear friend and we were just discussing this because I have been struggling with my place in this world. Thanks for the find and post!!
Great thoughts. You and the Lord are the only ones who see the hardest times in your life. The rest of see the end result of everything you do, which is amazing! Smiling kids, gorgeous house, healthy mom and beautiful, loving wife. I think you're amazing, but it's true, because I don't see the all hard times, my awe is never going to be as convincing as the Lord's peace. Thanks for passing it on! :)
Post a Comment