Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Forgot my camera!

Monday night Kendall, Sam and I went to the Utah State Fair with some of Kendall's family. I have no original pictures because I am a moron and forgot my camera! I was so excited because this was Sam's first fair that he would really enjoy...we went to the Iron county fair last year, but he was too little. So here are some stock photos of what we saw.
Sam's favorite things to see were the goats. He loves making sheep sounds and since they are similar he was riding in his stroller baaa-ing all the way through the exhibit. Then of course we had to see the fabulous pigs. I think I was uncontiously trying to brain wash Sam into liking the pigs as much as I do. For some psycho reason, ever since I was little, I have always loved to see the piggies...especially the babies. But I have to admit, seeing the little piglets nursing made me think of what my future holds in about six months, and I'm not so sure I'm that excited! We also got to enjoy the art exhibit...always a favorite of mine, and we walked through all the big ginormous and stinky cattle. Then we went to ride the rides, although Sam and I watched with Grandma and Grandpa Johnson. It was kind of weird because the Johnson's were really excited to ride all the rides and we didn't walk through very many of the exhibits, and although the rides were fun, it was definitely different than what I am used to. As kids we walked through all the exhibits and I love seeing all the quilts and big veggies, and the baking section, and the ceramics. I remember being so tired, and we didn't really buy treats or drinks at the fair because they were so expensive...so it was funny to have some of the same feelings, like 'man I'm thirsty, I wish I could get a drink,' then thinking duh, I can! Isn't that weird? So all in all, we had a great time. I think Sam was a little overwhelmed with all the craziness, but I think he had fun.

2 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Can you believe that treats at the fair or anywhere else for that matter really don't cost the arm and the leg we were taught as a child?

Berry Family said...

Funny, I had the same thoughts/feeligns about nursing before Ella was born. I was so excited for her to come, but not excited for the whole nursing stage. ha-ha How are you feeling??

Related Posts with Thumbnails