Thursday, October 9, 2008

Long post

Holy crap...what a great weekend and week. For those of you who watched conference I'm sure you felt like I did, in that they were speaking directly to and for me. I love this time of year! I have a lot of catching up pictures to post, so hang in there. In between Sunday conference sessions we went for a drive up good ol' Butterfield Canyon. It was so gorgeous, it had snowed the night before and as you can see there was a Fall meets Winter quality about the beautiful canyon.

















Then, for FHE on Monday we took mom and dad Thomson and went for a drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon. We'd packed steaks, homemade potato salad and rolls for a barbeque that we didn't end up getting to eat. K stuck in the barbequer, but I had taken out the propane attatchment piece when I was cleaning the grills and forgot to stick it back in. So we got to Silver Lake to start our feast and discovered our problem. We decided to head over to Midway taking Guardsman Pass which K and I hadn't done before. It was such a pretty drive, and although we'd missed the peak of the leaves, we had a blast. S is so funny, even though he has been four wheeling in our Blazer from the time he was in my tummy, he always has a very serious look on his face. Don't get me wrong, he loves it, and laughs every time we hit a big bump; but it's pretty funny to watch him. Then, dad kept saying that he'd camped and hunted all along the drive...even though there is no camping or hunting up there. We had fun and it was great spending time together. When we got to Midway we ate our potato salad and rolls, then headed over to Conoco to get some treats for the drive home. On the way out of town we stopped by my Aunt Annie's house to say hi and they just so happened to have a tractor sitting out front to do some landscaping. They let K and S have a go at it...S was in absolute heaven!!! They got to move the bucket and arm; seriously how could anything compare to this awesome experience for the rest of his life! He was so excited.

















As kids this property in Midway was always so fun to visit...there was so much to do. They still have the huge swing, and K and S thought it was pretty awesome. We could hardly get S to leave.



















Then, last night we went downtown to the Blue Iguana...which turned out to be a pretty good Mexican restaurant. Then we headed over to the Conference center to take a tour because K hadn't ever been on the roof. It was so beautiful and luckily we made it in time to go up before it got dark. This isn't the best picture of us, but the temple looks so pretty. Then we headed down to Gateway to do some work clothes shopping for K. Sorry for the super long post, but I am officially done!

2 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

I love the fall/winter photo. You should submit it to the ksl photo of the week to win a new camera!!!

Becky Hancock said...

I agree with Jeanette. That picture is AWESOME.

Related Posts with Thumbnails