Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Is that poo she's holding???

Today has been quite the day.  Most of you know that we have been sick most of the month of July, and Maggie is on the mend from another urinary tract infection.  Today was the first day she hasn't had a fever since last Wednesday's sudden onset of this UTI...HOORAY!  It's so nice for her to be feeling better.  So today I decided was the day that I would get Sam and Maggie's room painted.  We have been putting it off and off and off, and Kendall has done 3 coats of mud on the walls and they still aren't perfect, but I was getting it painted today or else!!!  I have to toot my own horn for a minute because I got the second coat on the ceiling, all the edges cut in and the first coat on the walls done!  It feels good to finally get something done that has been lurking in my mind for a while now.  Speaking of lurking projects...I got the quilt tops sewn for their beds done the other day too!  Man I'm finally on a role.  I am really hoping to have them in their new room this week, and at this rate it may actually happen this time!  

So on to the pictures below.  At about 8:00 tonight, right after I finished painting for the day, my sister Laura called and said, "Do you wanna go for a drive."  "Where," I asked.  (Thinking about how tired I was from painting.)  She said, "To take my poo specimen to the hospital!!!"  I was laughing pretty hard and agreed to go.  She has been sick for what seems like months now and needed to take a stool sample in to be tested.  I guess we are just really immature, but we thought this was hilarious!  
 I hate being in the hospital, especially the ER...so many weird germs, which is where we had to get the "SAMPLE" checked in, so I wore this lovely mask.  Which of course was hilarious too.  I'm sure the hospital people thought we were idiots, but we had a good time being dorks! I was still decked out in my painting clothes and my arms and legs were covered in paint...why I get covered every time I paint, even the smallest thing, I do not know!



2 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

You guys are dorks. It is way more funner to be a dork though with someone than alone! At least you've got each other! Hope Laura is feeling better soon and we want to see pictures of the kids' new room and Laura's house projects. Could you put those on your blog too?

Jenn said...

Ditto to Jeanette! We want pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails