This week has been so crazy! I have been ready to pull my hair out... I am not the type of person who needs to have lots of projects and busy work in my life...in fact I really try to eliminate all unnecessary things (of course, my unnecessary is going to be different from yours.)
Lately my creativity has been pretty low because my kids have been so demanding...you know how it is, their need levels go up and down and right now is an up time. But this week has been full of projects because I have been trying to finish Sam and Maggie's room and keep my house from exploding...not very successfully, might I add. Jack and Josh are in a very busy stage right now....it is all I can do to keep them safe, let alone do anything else, plus they are both teething so they are extra sensitive. Then, throw Maggie and Sam into the mix and I am 100% outnumbered! Anyways, I'd gotten into a bad pattern this week, staying up late to sew, waking up super tired when I'm awoken way too early, crabbing at the kids because I'm tired and frustrated that I can't finish stuff I want to, then staying up late again so I can work some more! At least I'm making some headway in my crazy house...it may cost me my sanity, but at least I'll have a cute house when I'm wheeled away to the nutzo bin!
I've realized I need to chill out and just embrace my crazy twins. They are unlike anything else I've ever dealt with in my life. They are exhausting, emotionally draining, stubborn, and lately they keep on fighting with each other! But they are also incredibly lovable, sweet, kind to each other, adorable, hilarious, helpful, goofy, and two of my favorite people in this whole world. Every once in a awhile I have to stop and remember to live in the moment and not get too caught up in my hobbies and housework.
How about you...how do you keep it all together? Any tips?


2 comments:
I have ZERO tips on keeping it all together...is that possible?! I do need to stop and enjoy my kids more often though...I complain so much that my kids are so hard when I should be saying how happy I am to have them!
As much as I enjoy having a clean and well decorated home, I've learned that I feel better about myself when I've played with my kids that day. I'm not so great at doing this every day, but I try. I got some great advice in a parenting class, that spending a little time with your kids (I call it an investment) goes a long way in helping them not to act up. It's so hard to do! But I feel like it really cuts down on how much they act up, so it's a good investment. I'm sure you already do this, you're such a great mom! Oh, and I like to go on runs alone at least once a week, it is therapeutic and makes me more able to deal.
Post a Comment