Thursday, March 21, 2013

Nutzo week

Wow, what a crazy week; with my little scare, Kendall passing his test, our 8th anniversary and Maggie's birthday.  I'm more than a little glad to have it done with!!!  The kids were super lucky...laugh (we were the lucky ones!)...and got to sleep over at grandpa and grandma Johnson's house from Saturday to Sunday. So Kendall and I really got to enjoy a quiet anniversary.  We decided to go see the movie "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone."  It was kind of slow starting but ended up being a pretty funny show...not one I'd buy, but  would Redbox.  We also went to dinner at The Pie.  It's funny how the more kids you get and the louder and more talking they do, you really come to appreciate the times when you get to spend some time together talking...or not...about whatever the heck you want to!  We had a great time and really appreciate grandma and grandpa for giving us the night off! 

Sunday was Maggie's birthday.  She's our St. Patty's day baby!  I always have big ideas for fun things and themes to do for their birthdays and when it comes down to it, I'm lucky enough just to get a cake made and the ice cream bought.  Poor kids!!! I hemmed and hawed for a month on what to get this little imp.  She has a ton of toys: babies, barbies, all the cute ikea play food...she needed nothing!  Except a bike...not just any bike; a girly pink and purple one with a basket and streamers.  
 I am such a sucker...she has been riding the little 12" bike and it's so slow and she couldn't keep up; so on Thursday I asked Kendall just to put it together so she could ride it. Even though it was 3 days early.
 She has been so excited to be 4.  I can't believe she's growing up so fast!

Waiting for her cake.

 I made her a mini one and the rest of us ate the big one.  It was white cake with a strawberry filling layered with the icing. It was definitely not very pretty, but pretty good to eat.




 She is so much like her dad...when she's excited she gets all quiet and kid of shy.  She loved all of her presents so much.



Man we are glad to have this cute little 4 year old in our family!

3 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Love the bike! She will have to bring it up to our house so we can ride to the snow shak together! Happy Birthday Maggie!

Wendy said...

They grow up fast! I hope she had a great birthday! Love her new bike!

Jenn said...

Cute bike! Happy Birthday Mags!

Related Posts with Thumbnails